Good old Three Oohh.

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Good old Three Oohh.

Post by Daddybang » 19 Dec 2018, 7:15 am

Stoney wrote:
SCJ429 wrote:I would have thought that 2206h was a bit fast for a 303, looks like it is working for you. Are you finding you loose a bit of velocity compared to 2209?

I am just amazed to shoot a mickey mouse group with a .303 to be honest. :D

Yep that's a target worth laminating and putting on the wall. .nicely done!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 19 Dec 2018, 8:41 am

Stoney wrote:
JimTom wrote:I’d love to see Lithgow release a .303 once they sort out the current issues.
Great cartridge.

It's Un-Australian if they bloody don't mate. I know there is a petition to try and convince them.

I recently sent them an inquiry asking about a .303, and the reply I got was that they don’t think it will be viable.
I guess we won’t be seeing one anytime soon then.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 19 Dec 2018, 7:12 pm

JimTom wrote:
Stoney wrote:
JimTom wrote:I’d love to see Lithgow release a .303 once they sort out the current issues.
Great cartridge.

It's Un-Australian if they bloody don't mate. I know there is a petition to try and convince them.

I recently sent them an inquiry asking about a .303, and the reply I got was that they don’t think it will be viable.
I guess we won’t be seeing one anytime soon then.

Surely they could do a limited run like Ruger does with it's No1's. It's bloody 2018, and they can't be innovative?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Dec 2018, 7:21 pm

Probably the cost of R&D amortized to the limited australian market might not be worth it. Read somewhere they make 80 rifles per day, but the tooling cost for a limited run.

Ruger no1 run likely means a few hundred rifles (say eg 500) a time, for America that would be limited but for Australia it's likely about what they sell in a year.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 19 Dec 2018, 7:22 pm

Yeah it’s a pity mate. I’d definitely be in for one.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Dec 2018, 7:45 pm

ya know what, lithgow are missing out on a real opportunity. i wonder how many collectors and 303 fans in NZ, USA ,Canada and the UK would want one ? :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 19 Dec 2018, 7:46 pm

Ziad wrote:Probably the cost of R&D amortized to the limited australian market might not be worth it. Read somewhere they make 80 rifles per day, but the tooling cost for a limited run.

Ruger no1 run likely means a few hundred rifles (say eg 500) a time, for America that would be limited but for Australia it's likely about what they sell in a year.

Yes, I have to agree with you there Ziad. But it would be cool if they just made it happen.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Dec 2018, 8:33 pm

Thre is always hope mate.

I look at ruger, the 243win is the most unloved caliber in the range, same with the 223. They rolled with 6 creedmore. Apart from marketing I can't see reason why.....esp considering 6creed has ideal barrel life of around 1k while 243 would be double.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 19 Dec 2018, 8:47 pm

Ziad wrote:Thre is always hope mate.

I look at ruger, the 243win is the most unloved caliber in the range, same with the 223. They rolled with 6 creedmore. Apart from marketing I can't see reason why.....esp considering 6creed has ideal barrel life of around 1k while 243 would be double.

Popular money in the bank mate. I am reading this.

The old rounds are still relevant. They are just unknown to the younger shooters.
Attachments
20181218_153636.jpg
20181218_153636.jpg (170.49 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges