Does anyone here shoot at ssaa Belmont in bris

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Does anyone here shoot at ssaa Belmont in bris

Post by Blr243 » 20 Jan 2019, 8:45 am

I’m about to start useing the range again. I don’t want to be fighting over seats on a sat morning. Is it much quieter during the weekdays. I would rather take time off work so i can have some space
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Does anyone here shoot at ssaa Belmont in bris

Post by nightforcenxs » 20 Jan 2019, 3:14 pm

fridays at belmont are nice and quiet its called the old boys social just a bunch of old guys chilling out also cameron the range captain with big red beard is there on fridays and hes super nice just dont be a dick but on saturday and sundays i get there at 6:30 in the morning to get my bench. by 7 to 7:30 its normally full and people are catching onto how early you have to get there
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by yoshie » 20 Jan 2019, 3:16 pm

Yes much quieter than the weekends but make sure you check ot the calender as the range is used for competitions during the week. Also i generally give ot a miss during school holidays as thats their busiest time
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Blr243 » 22 Jan 2019, 8:32 pm

Thank you. I think by thurs arv I will have formed the opinion that I have done enough work for the week and that at 49 I will be old enough to join the old blokes club so looks like Friday’s for me
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JSS » 18 Feb 2019, 7:42 am

Like the others have said weekdays are heaps better than weekends, and fridays are good as they are open from the morning. i only go when i need to sight in and only go on weekdays and have never had to wait for a bench and it's usually about half full, i went a couple of fridays ago and it was the busiest i've ever seen it and there were still 2 spare benches to choose from.
I'm told weekends can really suck but have never tried it out.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges