Ranges in Brisbane that dont enforce "single rounds only"

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Ranges in Brisbane that dont enforce "single rounds only"

Post by fishburgr » 14 Feb 2019, 12:49 am

Hi folks,
I've been googling and can't find much info on this. New to the sport and wondering if there are any ranges in the greater Brisbane area that don't enforce the single rounds only rule.
My firearm can't be loaded single rounds thru the ejection port and pulling the mag after every round is a bit of a pain.
It's a .22, perhaps a pistol club that allows rimfire rifles?
Thanks in advance.
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Ranges in Brisbane that dont enforce "single rounds only

Post by Cryptic » 14 Feb 2019, 3:41 am

HIPC allows 22lr rimfire rifles but is only 25m indoor so may not suit needs depending on what you want.
See a few people there with their rifles at times, same with shotguns they allow them too.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by fishburgr » 14 Feb 2019, 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply mate, will look into them.
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Dossa456 » 14 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

On the topic: I’m from SA, the rules are completely different here in respect to what happens at ranges. Mind you I haven’t been to a SA one for a fair few years now. Anyways i Went on a holiday to Brisbane recently missus nephew has a 300 win mag he never shoots so I took it to a range couldn’t tell you which range. I had to watch a video b4 hand then I was totally complexed that is was a “load a single round only range” it Opened up a fair few questions for me, however I was there too shoot so sent a few rounds down. Just out of interest What’s the main reason for it?
Dossa456
Private
Private

-

Post by deye243 » 14 Feb 2019, 8:13 pm

Dossa456 wrote:On the topic: I’m from SA, the rules are completely different here in respect to what happens at ranges. Mind you I haven’t been to a SA one for a fair few years now. Anyways i Went on a holiday to Brisbane recently missus nephew has a 300 win mag he never shoots so I took it to a range couldn’t tell you which range. I had to watch a video b4 hand then I was totally complexed that is was a “load a single round only range” it Opened up a fair few questions for me, however I was there too shoot so sent a few rounds down. Just out of interest What’s the main reason for it?

The only reason is incompetent RO'S
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 10 Apr 2019, 4:36 pm

What a weird rule.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 10 Apr 2019, 7:56 pm

Too much buffoonery and numbskullery from the non licensed shooters is a major issue, so we get single round only.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 10 Apr 2019, 8:48 pm

Patriot wrote:Too much buffoonery and numbskullery from the non licensed shooters is a major issue, so we get single round only.

Lowest denominator rules. That seems reasonable. Not
Single shot only - no lever action competition/s?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2019, 9:03 pm

Dossa456 wrote:On the topic: I’m from SA, the rules are completely different here in respect to what happens at ranges. Mind you I haven’t been to a SA one for a fair few years now. Anyways i Went on a holiday to Brisbane recently missus nephew has a 300 win mag he never shoots so I took it to a range couldn’t tell you which range. I had to watch a video b4 hand then I was totally complexed that is was a “load a single round only range” it Opened up a fair few questions for me, however I was there too shoot so sent a few rounds down. Just out of interest What’s the main reason for it?

if ya had to watch the video it woulda bin belmont probably . i frequent ranges in more rural settings outside of brisbane as the vibe is better . they've all bin single round shooting . it's a safety thing and rules are rules . some people have little or no common sense, that's why these rules exist . people getting accidently shot at a range is not a good look :thumbsup:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 10 Apr 2019, 9:06 pm

woops, sorry , that's a point .some comps like feild rifle and gallery rifle, etc aren't limited to single round loading . most of my shooting is load testing so single round doesn't bother me

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 11 Apr 2019, 12:37 am

I shot for the first time at a local range and asked if it was single shot only and they looked at me If I was from outer space.I could fill the mag and keep topping up
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 11 Apr 2019, 11:47 am

No1_49er wrote:
Patriot wrote:Too much buffoonery and numbskullery from the non licensed shooters is a major issue, so we get single round only.

Lowest denominator rules. That seems reasonable. Not
Single shot only - no lever action competition/s?

The rule is only for general range use, each competition follows its own rules on how many rounds can be loaded.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges