Belmont SSAA Combined services

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Belmont SSAA Combined services

Post by simo99 » 20 Feb 2019, 8:16 am

Moving down to Brisbane in May to live and was wondering if anybody on the forum shoots CSD rifle and pistol in Brisbane? I know that QMRC is a pretty active military shooting group but was hoping that CSD is shot down there as well.
Thanks
simo99
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Belmont SSAA Combined services

Post by No1Mk3 » 21 Feb 2019, 8:41 am

G'day simo99,
CSD is the core event for QMRC, what particular event of the CSD rulebook do you shoot? Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by simo99 » 21 Feb 2019, 12:55 pm

Combined services is specific to the SSAA. QMRC shoot different targets (man targets).. SSAA are not allowed. There probably are similarities but the 2 are definitely different. Predominately I shoot Combined Service up here in Townsville. Just wanting to see if any forum members know if it is shot in Brisbane. Most likely I will go and try the QMRC regardless.. Thanks for the reply though..
simo99
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by KaptainM » 21 Feb 2019, 4:10 pm

Hi Simo,

CSD is shot at Belmont on the 2nd Sunday of the month at 9AM. We only shoot to 200 meters as you are not allowed to walk out to 300 meters. I have asked the committee to change this but nothing has happened.

During the summer we tend to shoot the “M” a fair bit and sometimes the 3P core. You can shoot .22/310 trainer but it will be at 100 and 200 meters. It is $5 on top of your range fees that give to the shoot captain.

If you want to shoot 3P trainer and 3P approved bolt action as per the rule book you will need to go to SSAA Ipswich. That’s what I do now.
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by simo99 » 21 Feb 2019, 4:45 pm

Thanks Kaptain M .. Just what I wanted to know.. Are you going to Bundaberg for the SSAA state shoot in May?
simo99
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by KaptainM » 21 Feb 2019, 5:29 pm

Yeah mate, I am. Did we bump into each other at Eidsvold last year?
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by simo99 » 21 Feb 2019, 5:32 pm

I think so.. At the meeting..
simo99
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by KaptainM » 21 Feb 2019, 6:27 pm

That’s it. On the Saturday night. I will PM you.
KaptainM
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges