Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Post by marksman » 07 Jun 2020, 8:42 pm

Stix wrote:I think marksman is saying frame the edge of the box with the reticle--so im using frame in place of his bracket wording...
And if you want the holes to print inside the box you just dial them over the half inch (or whatever click value is necessary)

yes Stix you got it :thumbsup:

its and old benchrest trick l have been shown for doing test loads for precision, a 1" square and as Stix said frame the box shape with your reticle but your shots are hitting inside the box where you can see the group without the target being affected by holes, l do see the principle of what you are doing Blade but for me it looks a bit crowded to look at :unknown: but if it works for you thats all that matters :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 Jun 2020, 8:57 pm

marksman wrote:
Stix wrote:I think marksman is saying frame the edge of the box with the reticle--so im using frame in place of his bracket wording...
And if you want the holes to print inside the box you just dial them over the half inch (or whatever click value is necessary)

its and old benchrest trick l have been shown for doing test loads for precision, a 1" square and as Stix said frame the box shape with your reticle but your shots are hitting inside the box where you can see the group without the target being affected by holes, l do see the principle of what you are doing Blade but for me it looks a bit crowded to look at :unknown: but if it works for you thats all that matters :drinks:

I understand that, but my problem is not that the bullet holes obliterate my aiming point. It's that my reticle lays perfectly on top of the grid lines, which takes just a touch of precision out of my aiming.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 07 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm

bladeracer wrote:
marksman wrote:

I understand that, but my problem is not that the bullet holes obliterate my aiming point. It's that my reticle lays perfectly on top of the grid lines, which takes just a touch of precision out of my aiming.

Couldnt your alternatively aim for the middle of a square rather than the cross and that way the lines wouldn't be in the way -- or print a target with orange lines so you can differentiate your crosshairs to the lines?
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 Jun 2020, 9:08 pm

Aliqua wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
marksman wrote:

Couldnt your alternatively aim for the middle of a square rather than the cross and that way the lines wouldn't be in the way -- or print a target with orange lines so you can differentiate your crosshairs to the lines?

I could, but that's even less precise. I aim at the intersection of the grid lines, dropping my bullets around an adjacent intersection, usually above the one I'm aiming at. I really can't see a finer aiming mark than the precise intersection of two very fine lines. The only difficulty is that the reticle is about the same thickness of those lines at 50m. A 45-degree grid remains totally unobscured by the reticle, giving me the finest possible target, as can be seen in the pic I drew. I recommend trying it yourself.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 07 Jun 2020, 10:24 pm

l think your right, l need to actually give your way a go Blade and l will :drinks:

l have some testing to do later in the week
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by ash_hendo » 11 Jul 2020, 9:25 pm

Here's some I use sometimes if anyone is interested:

Ash-Target.jpg
Ash-Target.jpg (323.93 KiB) Viewed 9416 times

James_target.jpg
James_target.jpg (80.47 KiB) Viewed 9416 times
ash_hendo
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 23 Nov 2020, 8:31 am

These will be very helpful. Thank you.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pilotsignal » 03 Nov 2021, 8:10 pm

Hi Guys,
Soon, I am going to go to the range at first time, so I wonder can I obtain the targets at the range or I need to print them from this post?
I'd need targrets for 223 at 100-200m distance.
Please, be kind if my question seems silly to you.
Thanks.
pilotsignal
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Nov 2021, 6:44 am

pilotsignal wrote:Hi Guys,
Soon, I am going to go to the range at first time, so I wonder can I obtain the targets at the range or I need to print them from this post?
I'd need targrets for 223 at 100-200m distance.
Please, be kind if my question seems silly to you.
Thanks.

Targets are usually available at ranges to buy. But may not be the same.

Or you can print the ones here if you want.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges