Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Post by groundhog » 09 Apr 2018, 5:31 pm

Attached is the A4 for the RMS targets. They are all on one page which I usually staple it to a box and just move up and down the range.

RMS Sighting Target.jpg
RMS Sighting Target.jpg (638.96 KiB) Viewed 22580 times
groundhog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 09 Apr 2018, 5:49 pm

groundhog wrote:Attached is the A4 for the RMS targets. They are all on one page which I usually staple it to a box and just move up and down the range.

RMS Sighting Target.jpg

How do you make out the white silhouettes on the white page?
That's why I cut them out and stick them on a brown board, to replicate the dirt contrast of an actual competition shoot.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by groundhog » 09 Apr 2018, 6:10 pm

These are for the scope matches I have different targets for CLAS.
groundhog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Apr 2018, 8:21 pm

groundhog wrote:These are for the scope matches I have different targets for CLAS.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by perentie » 21 May 2018, 8:44 am

I am trying to find the plans for half size chicken , pigs, turkeys and rams with inch squares that I can print off then scale up by hand on cardboard to give to my metal shop. I need to get a quote for our club so we can start field pistol. Gives us an excuse to buy 44,s 45,s etc.
Any ideas?
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 21 May 2018, 9:03 am

perentie wrote:I am trying to find the plans for half size chicken , pigs, turkeys and rams with inch squares that I can print off then scale up by hand on cardboard to give to my metal shop. I need to get a quote for our club so we can start field pistol. Gives us an excuse to buy 44,s 45,s etc.
Any ideas?

I have the drawings I can send you. They're full-size on one-inch grid. I basically mark out the grid (at whatever scale I'm making - one-inch, half-inch, three-eighths, fifth, and tenth scale) only where I need to draw, then just sketch them in freehand straight off the computer screen. I haven't bothered trying to print them at any scale. Once I've made a template I just cut them out of copy paper ten pages thick, and file them away.

PM me your email address and I'll send them through.

EDIT: These are the ones I use - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2sc-IHMSA-NRA-Metallic-Silhouette-Targets-4pc-AR500-Steel-Rifle-Knock-overs-/261052417780
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by perentie » 22 May 2018, 8:24 am

Thanks.
PM sent (I think)
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 22 May 2018, 9:20 am

Got them.
Appreciate it .
Thanks again.
Keith
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Aliqua » 11 Apr 2020, 2:28 pm

Can anyone link to a good template for long range 308 targets? What is acceptable at the more popular ranges such as eagle park? Thanks!
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by John » 11 Apr 2020, 9:44 pm

Looks like I’m off to the shops for printer ink I’m out just tried to print a few different ones there off thank for putting them together I’m sure there a lot here that will appreciate them.
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by AusC » 12 Apr 2020, 8:50 am

Aliqua wrote:Can anyone link to a good template for long range 308 targets? What is acceptable at the more popular ranges such as eagle park? Thanks!

Any paper targets are acceptable at Eagle Park except for images of people, human silhouettes etc.

All the targets in the first post would be fine.

You'll find this is the case at every range really.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 12 Apr 2020, 8:59 am

Thanks for the clarification.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Apr 2020, 5:16 pm

John wrote:Looks like I’m off to the shops for printer ink I’m out just tried to print a few different ones there off thank for putting them together I’m sure there a lot here that will appreciate them.

I did print them in the past. But just use these now. Very cost effective.

https://www.google.com.au/shopping/prod ... lsrc:aw.ds
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 12 Apr 2020, 7:57 pm

https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/

The above was posted on another forum, so I have misappropriated it.

Editted and added - International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association - Printable silhouette targets

Sarco
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 12 Apr 2020, 8:38 pm

Sarco wrote:https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/

Editted and added - International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association - Printable silhouette targets

Sarco

Link not found.

I'm going to have a play in photoshop tomorrow and do some metric scaled (A4 - 10mm / 100mm scale) targets and upload them. Feedback would be appreciated.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Larry » 13 May 2020, 5:26 pm

groundhog wrote:Attached is the A4 for the RMS targets. They are all on one page which I usually staple it to a box and just move up and down the range.

RMS Sighting Target.jpg

Are these the 1/5 size. I would like to get a template so I can do like BR and just mark them onto a bit of mdf.
@bladeracer do you have a template you could PM me for the 1/5 size? or anyone much appreciated.

Use is rimfire free standing with scope.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Aliqua » 13 May 2020, 6:01 pm

Disclaimer: I have no experience in designing targets, or designing for a specific purpose. But during this 'down time', I had a look at some MIL/MRAD templates (all imperial measurements), and wanted to give it a go in metric... so i made a 25, 50, 100, 200m sighting in target template for MIL/MRAD scopes. When printed, the squares are exactly 10mm, and I have put visual guides that i hope can be read through the scope as to how many squares/mm away from the bullseye. Furthermore, I did these targets at night, so I dont know if i got the calculations correct at the top.

I would appreciate any feedback and happy to make the required changes to make this something a little more appropriate/acceptable.

I tried to upload the .docx but the file is not allowed. In the instance that anyone would like this template, your welcome to PM me and I'll send the .docx

The JPEG is just for preview. It is NOT to scale. If you want the scaled version, download the PDF attachment.
Attachments
sight-in-preview.jpg
Preview Only (Not For Print)
sight-in-preview.jpg (311.94 KiB) Viewed 17496 times
25-50-100-200-sight-in-target.pdf
Downloadable PDF (Scaled)
(171.24 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by SAnewb85 » 13 May 2020, 8:48 pm

I would love to see a dart board target so that shooters could compete against each other using traditional darts games but using an air rifle or .22
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 13 May 2020, 8:54 pm

bladeracer wrote:
perentie wrote:I am trying to find the plans for half size chicken , pigs, turkeys and rams with inch squares that I can print off then scale up by hand on cardboard to give to my metal shop. I need to get a quote for our club so we can start field pistol. Gives us an excuse to buy 44,s 45,s etc.
Any ideas?

I have the drawings I can send you. They're full-size on one-inch grid. I basically mark out the grid (at whatever scale I'm making - one-inch, half-inch, three-eighths, fifth, and tenth scale) only where I need to draw, then just sketch them in freehand straight off the computer screen. I haven't bothered trying to print them at any scale. Once I've made a template I just cut them out of copy paper ten pages thick, and file them away.

PM me your email address and I'll send them through.

EDIT: These are the ones I use - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2sc-IHMSA-NRA-Metallic-Silhouette-Targets-4pc-AR500-Steel-Rifle-Knock-overs-/261052417780

Bladeracer. If you pdf them you can now upload them as an attachment
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:00 pm

Good point Oldbloke, just need to find them now!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:03 pm

Aliqua wrote:Disclaimer: I have no experience in designing targets, or designing for a specific purpose. But during this 'down time', I had a look at some MIL/MRAD templates (all imperial measurements), and wanted to give it a go in metric... so i made a 25, 50, 100, 200m sighting in target template for MIL/MRAD scopes. When printed, the squares are exactly 10mm, and I have put visual guides that i hope can be read through the scope as to how many squares/mm away from the bullseye. Furthermore, I did these targets at night, so I dont know if i got the calculations correct at the top.

I would appreciate any feedback and happy to make the required changes to make this something a little more appropriate/acceptable.

I tried to upload the .docx but the file is not allowed. In the instance that anyone would like this template, your welcome to PM me and I'll send the .docx

The JPEG is just for preview. It is NOT to scale. If you want the scaled version, download the PDF attachment.

It looks good but I prefer diamonds rather than squares.
I aim at the intersections of the fine lines for precision, but I'm leaning toward printing my next targets with a 45-degree grid so the lines are not obscured by the reticle.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 14 May 2020, 5:07 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Aliqua wrote:Disclaimer: I have no experience in designing targets, or designing for a specific purpose. But during this 'down time', I had a look at some MIL/MRAD templates (all imperial measurements), and wanted to give it a go in metric... so i made a 25, 50, 100, 200m sighting in target template for MIL/MRAD scopes. When printed, the squares are exactly 10mm, and I have put visual guides that i hope can be read through the scope as to how many squares/mm away from the bullseye. Furthermore, I did these targets at night, so I dont know if i got the calculations correct at the top.

It looks good but I prefer diamonds rather than squares.
I aim at the intersections of the fine lines for precision, but I'm leaning toward printing my next targets with a 45-degree grid so the lines are not obscured by the reticle.

Thanks Bladeracer. I did it in word, and I don't know how to do diamonds, but I'm more than happy to try! :D
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:14 pm

Aliqua wrote:
Sarco wrote:https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/

Sarco

Link not found.

I'm going to have a play in photoshop tomorrow and do some metric scaled (A4 - 10mm / 100mm scale) targets and upload them. Feedback would be appreciated.

The link works for me. It offers both Cad and Jpg versions.
Autocad DWG.
https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/BBchicken1.dwg
https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/bbpig1.dwg
https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/BBTurkey.dwg
https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/BBRam1.dwg

Jpg outlines for cutting out.
https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/chicken.jpg
chicken.jpg
chicken.jpg (10.38 KiB) Viewed 17856 times

https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/Pig.jpg
Pig.jpg
Pig.jpg (8.4 KiB) Viewed 17856 times

https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/Turkey.jpg
Turkey.jpg
Turkey.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 17856 times

https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/Ram.jpg
Ram.jpg
Ram.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 17856 times

Dimensions for scaled printing.
Silhouette printing.JPG
Silhouette printing.JPG (63.01 KiB) Viewed 17856 times

Print one, measure it, work out the percentage difference in size, print at that percentage scaling.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:26 pm

And a very basic attempt at putting them in a single PDF, I'm sure somebody else can make a better job of it though.
Attachments
silhouettes.pdf
(104.39 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:33 pm

Aliqua wrote:Thanks Bladeracer. I did it in word, and I don't know how to do diamonds, but I'm more than happy to try! :D

I wouldn't know how to do it in Word, I've used TurboCAD since '93, when it was still DOS.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dazed and Confused » 06 Jun 2020, 8:22 pm

Some rimfire targets I like to use at home. The jpegs are big enough to be printed clearly. If anyone needs pdf's I can add them later.
Attachments
circles big to small sm.jpg
Circles big to small
circles big to small sm.jpg (973.14 KiB) Viewed 17535 times
smily faces sm.jpg
Smiley Face
smily faces sm.jpg (695.4 KiB) Viewed 17535 times
Hostage.jpg
Hostage
Hostage.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 17535 times
Dazed and Confused
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 06 Jun 2020, 9:36 pm

Not sure if this is known or not (I don’t really know if it’s true) but this came up whilst I was buying some gear today at a lg shop - in Tas it’s apparently illegal to shoot at targets that resemble in silhouette - a human outline (like you see at most us ranges) and apparently, even on private property’s - you can and will be charged for shooting such a target Or targets that might represent a person.....
The query arose when a gent came in alongside me to buy some clays and said he was gunna put some photos of his ex on the clays and shoot em. The shop owner advised him of the legalities and it sparked a convo.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 07 Jun 2020, 12:04 am

do not tell the millitary rifle club

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 07 Jun 2020, 12:07 am

If anyone is looking for good target backing...
My local green shed is selling out of coreflute at the moment...

500mm x 600mm x 3mm thick sheets in green red & blue,

As well as 1m x 1.2m x 4mm thick white sheets.

All sizes for $2.50 per sheet...

Its the best stuff for shooting targets...ive always got a couple of sheets in the car when i go bush.

Its also good for pinning out furs (fox/cat etc) after tanning to oil them up.

20200606_154949.jpg
20200606_154949.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 17519 times

20200606_154959.jpg
20200606_154959.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 17519 times

Sorry pics are sideways--got me rooted howthat happens when they were uploaded vertical... Must be that high grade user friendly technology...it gets me that we can fly an unmanned space ship within a rats pubic hair of Neptune but we cant get pictures orientated correctly with a computer more powerful than the one on the spaceship...:unknown: :crazy:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 07 Jun 2020, 12:10 am

"It looks good but I prefer diamonds rather than squares.
I aim at the intersections of the fine lines for precision, but I'm leaning toward printing my next targets with a 45-degree grid so the lines are not obscured by the reticle"

blade have you ever tried this

l know its a crappy picture but you bracket the box with your reticle and your shots going into the centre :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges