Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Shooting targets - Free to download and ready to print

Post by groundhog » 09 Apr 2018, 2:40 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:Are there print outs of the rimfire metallic silhouette targets? I thought I saw them here somewhere but can't find them now.......

What size are you after?

Full Scale (Centerfire RMS, CLAS Rifle, BPCR) : Everything bar the chicken is too big for paper under A3, if you want them though I can send them
Half Scale (CLAS Pistol and SB, BPCR SB) : Everything fits on A3 except the very top of the Ram horn
Fifth Scale (RMS): Can all fit on A4
Tenth Scale (Air Rifle): Piss it in on a A4

Let me know what you want
groundhog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Apr 2018, 3:54 pm

groundhog wrote:
Bent Arrow wrote:Are there print outs of the rimfire metallic silhouette targets? I thought I saw them here somewhere but can't find them now.......

What size are you after?

Full Scale (Centerfire RMS, CLAS Rifle, BPCR) : Everything bar the chicken is too big for paper under A3, if you want them though I can send them
Half Scale (CLAS Pistol and SB, BPCR SB) : Everything fits on A3 except the very top of the Ram horn

Rimfire would be great :-)
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Apr 2018, 3:57 pm

bladeracer wrote:

I haven't seen anything that's pre-formatted for printing, but I have the CAD files if you want them.
For practicing, I just trace the steels and cut them out of paper.
I don't know if I'm capable of producing a PDF that will print them to the correct size, but I'm guessing such magic is not too difficult.
I could even send you some tracings in an envelope if you want. I can give you rimfire and half-scale.

Thanks BR, if ground hog can make them available that would be great. If not, I'd really appreciate a traced copy. Cheers
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 09 Apr 2018, 4:31 pm

groundhog wrote:

What size are you after?

I'd love these as well if you have them already available GH.
I assume it's just an outline that you cut out and stick to a board?
I've been tracing them on A4 and just assembling the sections when I tape it to the backboard.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by groundhog » 09 Apr 2018, 5:31 pm

Attached is the A4 for the RMS targets. They are all on one page which I usually staple it to a box and just move up and down the range.

RMS Sighting Target.jpg
RMS Sighting Target.jpg (638.96 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
groundhog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 09 Apr 2018, 5:49 pm

groundhog wrote:Attached is the A4 for the RMS targets. They are all on one page which I usually staple it to a box and just move up and down the range.

RMS Sighting Target.jpg

How do you make out the white silhouettes on the white page?
That's why I cut them out and stick them on a brown board, to replicate the dirt contrast of an actual competition shoot.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by groundhog » 09 Apr 2018, 6:10 pm

These are for the scope matches I have different targets for CLAS.
groundhog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Apr 2018, 8:21 pm

groundhog wrote:These are for the scope matches I have different targets for CLAS.

Cheers
Bent Arrow
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by perentie » 21 May 2018, 8:44 am

I am trying to find the plans for half size chicken , pigs, turkeys and rams with inch squares that I can print off then scale up by hand on cardboard to give to my metal shop. I need to get a quote for our club so we can start field pistol. Gives us an excuse to buy 44,s 45,s etc.
Any ideas?
perentie
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 21 May 2018, 9:03 am

perentie wrote:I am trying to find the plans for half size chicken , pigs, turkeys and rams with inch squares that I can print off then scale up by hand on cardboard to give to my metal shop. I need to get a quote for our club so we can start field pistol. Gives us an excuse to buy 44,s 45,s etc.
Any ideas?

I have the drawings I can send you. They're full-size on one-inch grid. I basically mark out the grid (at whatever scale I'm making - one-inch, half-inch, three-eighths, fifth, and tenth scale) only where I need to draw, then just sketch them in freehand straight off the computer screen. I haven't bothered trying to print them at any scale. Once I've made a template I just cut them out of copy paper ten pages thick, and file them away.

PM me your email address and I'll send them through.

EDIT: These are the ones I use - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2sc-IHMSA-NRA-Metallic-Silhouette-Targets-4pc-AR500-Steel-Rifle-Knock-overs-/261052417780
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by perentie » 22 May 2018, 8:24 am

Thanks.
PM sent (I think)
perentie
Private
Private

Queensland