Data books

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Data books

Post by ando967 » 28 Apr 2019, 4:30 pm

Pretty quick question that will probably get plenty of different answers, but what are peoples opinions on rifle data books, from what i can see on the internet Impact Data and Voodoo seem to be popular choices. Does everyone now just use a smart phone app? I like the idea of having a few pages of critical information (Reticle information, elevation and windage calls) where it can easily be seen without breaking position? thoughts?
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Data books

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Apr 2019, 7:42 pm

I like a simple DOPE card stuck inside the flip cover on my scope.

I keep more detailed laminated A4 dope cards under my dash mat.

If I've got time, I use the Strelok Pro app.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Diddums » 28 Apr 2019, 7:43 pm

I'm interested in this as well, I've done some looking but am yet to find anything
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Apr 2019, 8:06 pm

I have ballistic cheat sheets in xls sheets on my laptop. I then do a screen shot and store on my mobile as a jpg.

P. S. I've noticed that out to about 220 yards most moderm centre fire cartridges more or less follow the same trajectory.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 28 Apr 2019, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ando967 » 28 Apr 2019, 8:07 pm

Yeah I’m not sure I quite want a huge amount of info as is in the impact data books but I can definitely see the usefulness of some of those pages. The other thing that seemed like a good idea was recording the weather conditions: date, temp wind direction and estimated speed and the fall of shot. I figured this would develop into a good reference if you were consistent in taking notes.
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by ando967 » 28 Apr 2019, 8:46 pm

Yeah I’m not sure I quite want a huge amount of info as is in the impact data books but I can definitely see the usefulness of some of those pages. The other thing that seemed like a good idea was recording the weather conditions: date, temp wind direction and estimated speed and the fall of shot. I figured this would develop into a good reference if you were consistent in taking notes.
ando967
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Apr 2019, 9:43 pm

Excel spead sheet? Use it on a tablet or mobile
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges