Question on .22LR Ammo

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Question on .22LR Ammo

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Sep 2019, 9:09 am

My cz452 loves to easy the eley standard. It was the first box i tried, have tried 10-15 different ones only rws high velocity and one more expensive eley was good... bought a couple boxes of rws hv the other day and was not as impressed worse than the standard. At ~70 per 500 for the eley i am very happy. At 50m its usually clover leaf
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 24 Sep 2019, 2:42 pm

Ziad wrote:My cz452 loves to easy the eley standard. It was the first box i tried, have tried 10-15 different ones only rws high velocity and one more expensive eley was good... bought a couple boxes of rws hv the other day and was not as impressed worse than the standard. At ~70 per 500 for the eley i am very happy. At 50m its usually clover leaf

Did you try CCI Std Vel as well?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Sep 2019, 5:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Ziad wrote:My cz452 loves to easy the eley standard. It was the first box i tried, have tried 10-15 different ones only rws high velocity and one more expensive eley was good... bought a couple boxes of rws hv the other day and was not as impressed worse than the standard. At ~70 per 500 for the eley i am very happy. At 50m its usually clover leaf

Did you try CCI Std Vel as well?

+1 for trying the CCI Standard. My Sportco single shot likes them and that shop has them at $49/500, but you can get them anywhere for around $6.00 per box.
5 shots at 50m with an old Tasco 'Pronghorn' scope will do me.
Attachments
IMG_0721.jpg
IMG_0721.jpg (70.6 KiB) Viewed 6495 times
Member-Deleted

Post by johnboy357 » 25 Apr 2020, 12:34 pm

Has anyone tried the SK Pistol Match Special - it is just a little faster than the normal Standard Velocity stuff - see a fair bit used in Handgun 100m Silhouette - good enough for the tiny shoot off targets at 100m. You might also like to try the SK "Long Range" ammo that has recently come onto the market.
johnboy357
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by scoot » 25 Apr 2020, 1:11 pm

Tried the sk pistol match special in my fussy bl22 recently and it was one of the best I've tried in lot of types and velocities. Sk rifle match was almost as good too. Haven't tried the long range.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by scoot » 25 Apr 2020, 1:16 pm

P.S. there is a pistol match and pistol match special, both in similar green boxes. The latter being slightly faster.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 25 Apr 2020, 7:30 pm

johnboy357 wrote:Has anyone tried the SK Pistol Match Special - it is just a little faster than the normal Standard Velocity stuff - see a fair bit used in Handgun 100m Silhouette - good enough for the tiny shoot off targets at 100m. You might also like to try the SK "Long Range" ammo that has recently come onto the market.

I tested eight SK types today in my RPR, including Long Range Match and Pistol Match Special. I ordered some Pistol Match but received more Pistol Match Special in error.
Just sorting through it all now.
The PMS gave me a best of 9mm and 14.5mm from five 5rd groups at 50m. Velocity over ten rounds was 1033 to 1084fps, averaging 1062fps, ES51.
The LRM gave me bests of 14mm and 20.5mm from five 5rd groups. LRM was interesting as it hangs right on the sound barrier, six went supersonic, one was right on the border at 1102fps so I couldn't decide if I'd heard a solid crack or not. They varied from 1077fps up to 1122fps.
The HV gave me a best of 8.5mm out of just three groups - this stuff is outstanding in my Rugers, but discontinued :-(
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges