Ripley Range QLD

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Ripley Range QLD

Post by Stix » 01 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm

Fair enuf Rich...you explain well & put it in reasonable terms... :thumbsup:
Cheers
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 01 Dec 2019, 6:53 pm

Stix wrote:Fair enuf Rich...you explain well & put it in reasonable terms... :thumbsup:
Cheers

horses for coarses old mate ;) one of these days when i win the lottery , i'll buy 3000 hectres up the sunshine coast out back of gympie . or maybe tenterfield ;)
then i won't have to worry about range shooting that much :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 Dec 2019, 8:20 pm

bigrich wrote:
horses for coarses old mate ;) one of these days when i win the lottery , i'll buy 3000 hectres up the sunshine coast out back of gympie . or maybe tenterfield ;)
then i won't have to worry about range shooting that much :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

Ah cool...!!
And i wont have to worry either because youll shout your ol'mate Stix a new life in Qld as the Caretaker & RO for your new block... :D ... :lol:

(Yae i know...wishful thinking eh...Both of us...!!.. :) ;) )
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 8x57 » 01 Dec 2019, 10:03 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:Can anyone sagest a pistol club in this area as well, looking at blowing more money away in the new year. Will be based out of the Ipswich region.

You’ve got a couple of choices, the Ipswich indoor pistol club with a bonus gun shop next door or the Ipswich pistol club an out door range. I shoot the indoor range it’s open good hours and is a laid back place.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 01 Dec 2019, 10:19 pm

I'm with you on that, stix.
Up here in mid-Qld, we allow people to use their pistols and rifles within the guidelines of the safety template and WLB approvals. Want to fill your magazine and shoot? Go for it.
Otherwise, how the hell can anybody practice their chosen discipline/s. I call BS on the depths to which some ranges appear to have stooped, and I would choose not to shoot there.
Yes, my "home" range belongs to a SSAA Branch but we seem to have realistic rules. On the rare occasion that somebody has transgressed the rules, they have been informed. Why should a failure on their part impact on the other members who use the ranges?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 02 Dec 2019, 4:42 am

No1_49er wrote:I'm with you on that, stix.
Up here in mid-Qld, we allow people to use their pistols and rifles within the guidelines of the safety template and WLB approvals. Want to fill your magazine and shoot? Go for it.
Otherwise, how the hell can anybody practice their chosen discipline/s. I call BS on the depths to which some ranges appear to have stooped, and I would choose not to shoot there.
Yes, my "home" range belongs to a SSAA Branch but we seem to have realistic rules. On the rare occasion that somebody has transgressed the rules, they have been informed. Why should a failure on their part impact on the other members who use the ranges?

Ripley is under pressure from SSAA state , I’ve heard rumours state wanting to take it over , by foul means , and get it redeveloped and turned into a money spinning venture like Belmont . There are pressures being applied from state that just aren’t right. If you have a regional SSAA branch that is good, fight to keep it that way .
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Dingo_Lingo » 03 Dec 2019, 6:34 pm

So what time should I be getting out there to claim a bench?
Dingo_Lingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Dec 2019, 7:57 pm

Dingo_Lingo wrote:So what time should I be getting out there to claim a bench?

about 8 on a saturday or sunday , fridays and mondays aren't usually a problem :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges