.22 Hornet loads

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: .22 Hornet loads

Post by Apollo » 17 Jun 2018, 5:26 pm

Well, I was a competition shooter. Haven't been for a couple or so years but I'm booking in for a national shoot in August. It's 500 & 300 Metre Fly. Funny you mention the 6.5mm Swede as my favourite is a 6.5x47L which is a little different but not much. My best target has been 1.18" at 500 Metres and I'm looking at getting that under 1" which might be a dream but why not try. I also shoot that at 300m with a best at just on 0.4" for a 5 shot group. My Sako Varmint 243W at 300m has got me a 1st place in Factory Class so I'm hoping to repeat that over that weekend.

Enjoy the Hornet, it's a great calibre.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by GBD » 20 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

I have found Win 296 and Hodgdon LilGun works better and faster velocity. Winchester Australia bring them. I found the loading Data on the Hodgdon website 296 & H110 are the same powder also try crimping. My Ruger is 1:14 twist most 22 hornets are 1:16 which needs faster velocity and stabilizes a bullet up to 40 - 45gr hornet projectiles.
GBD
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Jun 2019, 6:56 pm

Suggest u use the search option. There has been a few threads about reloading the hornet
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges