NSW (Sydney Region) Long distance rifle ranges

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

NSW (Sydney Region) Long distance rifle ranges

Post by bcr83 » 04 May 2020, 11:27 am

Hi All,

New member here, have done a search but haven't really found what I am looking for, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Looking to know if there are ranges I can visit during the week that are setup for longer distance (above 300m)

I've seen Hornsby and Malabar have longer ranges but their visiting is limited to Saturday comps if I am right?

Don't mind joining a club or two if I get mid week access etc. Within 2hrs of Sydney would be ideal

Any info appreciated
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: NSW (Sydney Region) Long distance rifle ranges

Post by Bugman » 04 May 2020, 5:18 pm

Hornsby have up to 800m. You need to join one of the clubs, and yes they shoot regulated comps on Saturday afternoons. SSAA have a branch that uses the Hornsby range on Sunday afternoons, and on the main range they have access to 100m, 200m and I think sometimes 300m. Possibly worth a look at.
The rifle clubs themselves shoot mainly open sight comps, F class and F class open. I think you can sniff out a guest invite upon request....not quite sure.
Good luck
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 04 May 2020, 6:11 pm

Bugman wrote:Hornsby have up to 800m. You need to join one of the clubs, and yes they shoot regulated comps on Saturday afternoons. SSAA have a branch that uses the Hornsby range on Sunday afternoons, and on the main range they have access to 100m, 200m and I think sometimes 300m. Possibly worth a look at.
The rifle clubs themselves shoot mainly open sight comps, F class and F class open. I think you can sniff out a guest invite upon request....not quite sure.
Good luck

Thanks for the info mate, I'll give them a call and see what the options are... I went to Silverdale with my brother recently and they had up to 300 but on the day 100 and 200 were open only. Most likely for a newbie like me 300 is plenty but would like to shoot a bit further down the track.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 04 May 2020, 10:59 pm

pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by ckraus » 05 May 2020, 8:48 pm

Once it opens up Hill Top is worth checking out. Out to 500m for non club members and 800m for club members (although was damaged in the fires and have not heard when it’s reopening).

https://sport.nsw.gov.au/shootingcentre/SHRSC
ckraus
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by ckraus » 05 May 2020, 10:35 pm

bcr83 wrote:I went to Silverdale with my brother recently and they had up to 300 but on the day 100 and 200 were open only. Most likely for a newbie like me 300 is plenty but would like to shoot a bit further down the track.

I am pretty sure Silverdale is 200 yards max. They have 50 and 100 yard mounds as well.
ckraus
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 06 May 2020, 7:48 am

Good info here
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 12 May 2020, 5:34 pm

ckraus wrote:Once it opens up Hill Top is worth checking out. Out to 500m for non club members and 800m for club members (although was damaged in the fires and have not heard when it’s reopening).

https://sport.nsw.gov.au/shootingcentre/SHRSC

Hey thanks for the update, yep some of the guys at Silverdale mentioned hilltop to me. Can you just turn up during the week and run to 500? (When it reopens)

Cheers
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges