Vic Ranges - Grantville and Werribee

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Vic Ranges - Grantville and Werribee

Post by Aliqua » 07 May 2020, 11:35 pm

Hello,

With the hopes and dreams that we may see restrictions lifting very soon I wanted to put the feelers out...

I'm looking at Eagle Park because of their opening hours (it's easier for me to get there on Mondays and Fridays), but wanted to know also if anyone shoots or has shot at Grantville or Werribee - what are your thoughts with regards to the Grantville and/or Werribee Club/Range?

Thanks in advance.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Vic Ranges - Grantville and Werribee

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 May 2020, 4:39 am

G'day Aliqua,
I have shot at both ranges, they are VRA ranges and usual restrictions apply regarding calibre etc. Werribee is Target Rifle and F Class only, open Saturdays only and allow sighting in from 0900 to 1000. The Glen Forbes range at Grantville hosts 2 clubs, Fitzroy/Caulfield, and MCC, though I believe MCC is now defunct, but Fitzroy is going strong and allow Sporter/Hunting class to be used in competition. Glen Forbes does not allow muzzle brakes. For more info on types of competition and rifle types visit the VRA website, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 08 May 2020, 7:25 am

Thanks heaps for the prompt reply. My 308 came with a muzzle brake. Hrm I think I'll have to email them to work out a few kinks in my plans haha
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by simmo » 21 May 2020, 7:17 am

Aliqua wrote:Thanks heaps for the prompt reply. My 308 came with a muzzle brake. Hrm I think I'll have to email them to work out a few kinks in my plans haha

Attitudes may very in NRAA clubs/ranges. Inclusion of braked rifles via the hunter class is new (Last 8mths) and may not be well adopted across the existing clubs. Good idea calling/emailing ahead and having a chat with them, you might be able arrange it build from there.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Aliqua » 22 May 2020, 1:43 pm

Heading down to Eagle Park next Friday. Called and they said they're not taking bookings, but on a Friday and Monday it's easy enough to get a bench.

FINALLY THE DAY HAS COME!!! :)
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 22 May 2020, 4:06 pm

Looks like restrictions are slowly lifting. My club is open this weekend but restricted to a small number of participants and you have to book. If all goes well, maybe other matches will be allowed. Have to wait and see.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 22 May 2020, 8:50 pm

I'm shooting black powder pistol and metallic at Eagle Park tomorrow, No scoresheets, and doesn't count for annual scores but at least it is an attendance and a shoot, hooray!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 25 May 2020, 7:36 pm

How was it?

Confirmed-- breaking in / sighting in my 308 at eagle park on friday morning. Anyone else who might be heading down send me a PM if you wish...
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges