Precision Rifle Series

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Precision Rifle Series

Post by duddley75 » 26 Jun 2020, 12:40 pm

Anyone here involved in the Precision Rifle Series (think thats what it is called)?

Locally for me (Sydney), I think the Horsnby RSL has a comp from time to time but seems to be based on using targets at the Hornsby Range, rather than shots made from barricades etc .

Be great to hear from anyone who has more info. I have done some research and found this https://www.precisionrifleseries.com.au/, but all seems quiet due to Covid.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Precision Rifle Series

Post by Bugman » 26 Jun 2020, 3:54 pm

There are no Precision Rifle Comps at the Hornsby range, as far as I am aware. The rifle clubs shoot Target Rifle, F-Standard and F-Open. I would suggest that you contact the website you posted up and see if they can steer you in the right direction.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by duddley75 » 26 Jun 2020, 4:26 pm

Bugman wrote:There are no Precision Rifle Comps at the Hornsby range, as far as I am aware. The rifle clubs shoot Target Rifle, F-Standard and F-Open. I would suggest that you contact the website you posted up and see if they can steer you in the right direction.

I might have had my terminology incorrect for the competition. This is what I found for Hornsby RSL https://hornsbyrslrc.com.au/apsr/

I am not not sure if the Precision Service Rifle is a different thing or not.

Yep I shoot F-Standard there myself, soon to go into the Sport/Hunter class with my new Howa.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 27 Jun 2020, 1:32 pm

Double check with Hornsby RSL club as I think that one or two of the other rifle clubs have modified rifle shoots, like 18BTN have service rifle shoot now and again.
I spend a fair bit of time at the range over the last few years and new types of shooting pop up now an again.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges