Sk Pistol Match Special

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Sk Pistol Match Special

Post by Jeff » 21 Aug 2020, 1:02 pm

Hi looking for information on the Sk Pistol Match Special at 50 meters, will be used for bench rest target shooting only
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Sk Pistol Match Special

Post by Bugman » 21 Aug 2020, 4:07 pm

My Pardini SP didn't particularly like it. Couple of cycling problems, even though it was in the same batch as the other 3 packets I used.
In a rifle though, it may be more successful, the only way is to buy a pack and try. Bladeracer may be more akin to the humble .22 and worth an ask, there.
Maybe check the SK website for more info that may help.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by scoot » 21 Aug 2020, 5:16 pm

My bl22 likes it, has a little more punch than most std velocity stuff. I haven't chronoed it yet but I "believe" it runs around 1000fps. I need to find some more to test since a mate inadvertently got me sk pistol match instead.(both green box's). Shoots groups the same though, hovering just over 1" at 50m for 15 shots Due to a few flyers. I'm sure a more accurate rifle could reduce that size.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by vicfox » 24 Aug 2020, 7:54 pm

I find SK ammo very good. I shoot alot of it for benchrest and am particular but my rifle likes it and I find it accurate and consistent. Highly regarded in general just a matter of your rifle liking it
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Jeff » 25 Aug 2020, 6:11 pm

vicfox wrote:I find SK ammo very good. I shoot alot of it for benchrest and am particular but my rifle likes it and I find it accurate and consistent. Highly regarded in general just a matter of your rifle liking it

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 25 Aug 2020, 7:22 pm

I have had some good results with it a 50 metres but find it has a higher ES than RWS R50 and the results at 200 tend to show that.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 25 Aug 2020, 10:40 pm

I tried SK Pistol Match and the Special at 50m through a KK500 target rifle clamped into a stock support frame with recoil slide, along with a lot of other ammunition types.
On a low wind day the Special created two very similar 10 shot groups both about 10mm wide and 18mm high, the vertical spread suggests a lot of velocity variation (for match grade ammo) but I didn't have a chrono, the slower Pistol Match made one group 10mm wide by 15mm high and another 15mm wide by 16mm high (all center to center measurements)

SK Rifle Match and SK Flatnose Match both produced consistently better groups (in my rifle anyway). The best group of any was RWS R50 at about 10mm wide by 6mm high with 10 shots through a ragged hole the same size as the factory test card (which was also R50). Three different batches of Tenex were all very similar, typically around 10mm by 12mm and Tenex is available at $22 per box from our club so that became my match shooting choice with Eley standard bulk for high volume training at only $7 per 50.

The SK ranges are good value at $10-$14 per 50 (typically) but you'll need to check which works best in your rifle and that can also change with different batches. Overall they make nice mid range match ammo, there is cheaper ammo that can shoot almost as well (if you can find stuff your rifle likes) and much more expensive stuff that can shoot better or just the same if you don't check carefully first.

SK is a fairly safe choice if you don't want to do lots of testing and doesn't cost too much either but is more of a quality training grade than match grade unless you know your rifle loves it.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by vicfox » 26 Aug 2020, 9:30 am

rc42 Not a bad price for 10x . Have you tried Lapua Centre X or Midas+ through the KK ?
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by vicfox » 26 Aug 2020, 9:31 am

rc42 Do you shoot bench or prone
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 26 Aug 2020, 10:37 am

50m prone onto electronic targets at Belmont, Brisbane.

I tried some Lapua Center-X and Biathlon but for the price I got mediocre results from the test frame, it looks exactly like the SK and gave similar groups but for a much higher price so I didn't test further with it.
I know that Lapua and SK come from the same factory although possibly different production lines but they have exactly the same results in my KK. Haven't tried the Midas+ and will never be trying the X-Act,

10x is available through the Q-Store (https://www.q-store.com.au/shop) at $22 per box, newer batches are going to be $26 per box due to Covid increases.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 31 Aug 2020, 12:11 pm

The only ammunition my Anschutz SuperMatch will eat and its an absolute tack driver.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 31 Aug 2020, 6:31 pm

bluerob wrote:The only ammunition my Anschutz SuperMatch will eat and its an absolute tack driver.

Your SuperMatch doesn't do well with Eley Club? Or any other Eley ammunition?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 01 Sep 2020, 12:35 pm

SCJ429 wrote:
bluerob wrote:The only ammunition my Anschutz SuperMatch will eat and its an absolute tack driver.

Your SuperMatch doesn't do well with Eley Club? Or any other Eley ammunition?

A mate of mine gave me a box of Eley and I haven't as yet tried it only because the Supermatch likes the SK Match so much. Even compared to Lapua! I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers!
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 22 Oct 2020, 6:42 pm

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales