Range in WA like SSAA Ripley Queensland

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Range in WA like SSAA Ripley Queensland

Post by Stevoid » 25 Aug 2020, 11:51 pm

Hey all

I was wondering if there's a range in Perth WA similar to SSAA Ripley, where you can go and just shoot. Yhe 10 shoot comps are ok but sometimes you just want to go and scope in your rifle, or just shoot some paper without the "ooo not a great score" over your shoulder.

Thanks!!
Stevoid
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Range in WA like SSAA Ripley Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 27 Aug 2020, 12:56 pm

Maybe not exactly like Ripleys but I know Mundaring Marksmen allow you to sight in your rifle, do load development or shoot targets etc after competitions on the weekends. You can walk in as a visitor and shoot but you'll need to do 4 or so shoots to become a member and then you can work upto having a key for the range eventually.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Stevoid » 27 Aug 2020, 1:22 pm

Thanks Glen, I’ll check them out!
Stevoid
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by dreysi » 23 Mar 2021, 4:25 pm

Hi Just to revive the thread for a sec. So i'm a new shooter and joined SSAA Belmont because it was the one recommended by Dad. Now even though 2020 left me a bit heavy and lazy. I have (and will soon) get back into rock climbing which to get to my favourite crag, I alway drive past SSAA Ripley. Now the idea of joining a range whereby I could just rock up (within whatever rules they have) is very appealing and as I'm on the Northside of Brissy the extra km to drive is not really much.

So I can just basically switch my main club to Ripley, pay a bit extra for a year pass, grab a key after 4 casual weekend visits then get a key and go more often during the week? Sounds like heaven to me. Belmont is sweet and people nice but if I could avoid the crowds and booking then I would love to drive just a little more.
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by FiftyCal » 09 Jul 2021, 2:41 pm

dreysi wrote:Hi Just to revive the thread for a sec. So i'm a new shooter and joined SSAA Belmont because it was the one recommended by Dad. Now even though 2020 left me a bit heavy and lazy. I have (and will soon) get back into rock climbing which to get to my favourite crag, I alway drive past SSAA Ripley. Now the idea of joining a range whereby I could just rock up (within whatever rules they have) is very appealing and as I'm on the Northside of Brissy the extra km to drive is not really much.

So I can just basically switch my main club to Ripley, pay a bit extra for a year pass, grab a key after 4 casual weekend visits then get a key and go more often during the week? Sounds like heaven to me. Belmont is sweet and people nice but if I could avoid the crowds and booking then I would love to drive just a little more.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but the question was about Perth Western Australia. There is a shooting range in Belmont WA as well, but mainly for handguns.
FiftyCal
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by ob1 » 10 Jul 2021, 2:23 am

Try this one at the WARA range in Pinjar.

https://m.facebook.com/bassbellrc/
ob1
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 10 Jul 2021, 1:31 pm

Ripley sucks. Do yourself a favour and go to Wattle Grove near Gympie. The best range in the country if you ask me. All legal Queensland calibres can be shot there(338lap, 416barrett, 458 lott etc etc). Very basic range rules. Just keep your muzzle pointed down range and wear your ears and have fun. I wont go to another range again after going there.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by dreysi » 21 Aug 2021, 6:52 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Ripley sucks. Do yourself a favour and go to Wattle Grove near Gympie. The best range in the country if you ask me. All legal Queensland calibres can be shot there(338lap, 416barrett, 458 lott etc etc). Very basic range rules. Just keep your muzzle pointed down range and wear your ears and have fun. I wont go to another range again after going there.

Do you know how long the range is 200 yards? Looking for longer but gonna head there anyway.
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 21 Aug 2021, 7:18 pm

dreysi wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:Ripley sucks. Do yourself a favour and go to Wattle Grove near Gympie. The best range in the country if you ask me. All legal Queensland calibres can be shot there(338lap, 416barrett, 458 lott etc etc). Very basic range rules. Just keep your muzzle pointed down range and wear your ears and have fun. I wont go to another range again after going there.

Do you know how long the range is 200 yards? Looking for longer but gonna head there anyway.

400m.

Its a good range man. Check it out.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by dreysi » 21 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
dreysi wrote:

400m.

Its a good range man. Check it out.

Thanks mate will do :drinks:
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges