Hunting Class

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Hunting Class

Post by Robin » 06 Sep 2020, 5:00 pm

I'm wondering with this Hunting class being brought in, how many would be interested.

Why I think it's a good idea

Bigger range as you will be on the same range as the F class people.
SSAA Belmont has up to 200m which is small compared to the range around the corner.
With a bigger range, it will allow us to improve our aim at a longer distance, plus lean how to read the wind, so thats handy if you want to snipe bunnies at 600m.
It's alot more affordable then buying a dedicated f class rifle
In a club environment you will learn more from other members.

Some of the F class people wont like it as it's like driving a Gokart on a F1 track , but at the end of the day, its all about getting the sport out there for everyone to enjoy.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Hunting Class

Post by duddley75 » 07 Sep 2020, 7:02 am

Do you mean the SH Sport hunting class?

If so, yes I shoot in this class at Hornsby range. One of of the other clubs seems to be heavily into it.

My club only me and one other. All others are either TR or F class.

It will catch on more I think.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Robin » 07 Sep 2020, 8:05 am

duddley75 wrote:Do you mean the SH Sport hunting class?

If so, yes I shoot in this class at Hornsby range. One of of the other clubs seems to be heavily into it.

I think thats what I mean SH class.

I know I'm interested in it, that way I get to do what I like as a sport, and also hunt with the same rifle , I hope it is something that will take off, altho I think it needs to be advertised more but I guess that will come in time.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Sep 2020, 9:46 am

I also hope it takes off.

I'd be interested in visiting a range if it becomes popular.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by boingk » 07 Sep 2020, 10:10 am

Robin wrote:that way I get to do what I like as a sport, and also hunt with the same rifle.

This. For me a rilfe is as much a tool as anything else. While I love that other people are into the big, crazy dedicated target stuff... I have no desire to own such a thing.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Wm.Traynor » 07 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm

Robin wrote:

I know I'm interested in it, that way I get to do what I like as a sport, and also hunt with the same rifle , I hope it is something that will take off, altho I think it needs to be advertised more but I guess that will come in time.

I googled the Brisbane branch and cannot see SH Class under the Disciplins for Rifle :unknown:
Is it run by the QRA, instead?
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Larry » 07 Sep 2020, 3:28 pm

It may not be listed just due website management. It will however be a target and discipline that can be entered at the time of entering your details into the computer system on the electronic target system just before you shoot. The club will be a member club of the QRA.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Skinna » 07 Sep 2020, 3:36 pm

Yes i think its the Rifle Associations that have that-or are trying to bring it in.

Sounds good, in fact i loved the idea a few years ago when they started talking about it--but that was what they did--talk about it.

i also struggle with the concept of a decent drive & chewing up an entire day to shoot 20 rounds plus sighters.
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 07 Sep 2020, 4:24 pm

Thanks Larry and Skinna. I'll file that away for future reference and find out the exact details.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Robin » 07 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:
Robin wrote:

I googled the Brisbane branch and cannot see SH Class under the Disciplins for Rifle :unknown:
Is it run by the QRA, instead?

Brisbane Mariners will support Hunting Class , numbers are low for this, however the more that know, the more that will join.
https://www.brisbanemariners.com.au
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Larry » 07 Sep 2020, 6:50 pm

Mariners is one I know that use Electronic targets and can pull up the class and target at the push of a button. To them it is no different to shooting any other class on the day. Which would be one of the F classes
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by TimTimney » 07 Sep 2020, 11:36 pm

Im keen to learn more about this as it goes along. Maybe we could do something similar down here in East Berlin!
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Larry » 08 Sep 2020, 9:57 am

TimTimney wrote:Im keen to learn more about this as it goes along. Maybe we could do something similar down here in East Berlin!

I would say that most clubs this side of the wall (Victoria) already offer this class to their members or prospective members.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges