Huntsman Tuners

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Huntsman Tuners

Post by Jeff » 24 Jan 2021, 6:26 pm

Hi
Has anyone had any experience using a Huntsman Tuner on their Bench Rest 22LR gun, and would you recommend them

Jeff
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Huntsman Tuners

Post by Bugman » 25 Jan 2021, 1:02 pm

I would suggest that you ask those at the range you normally use, who use them and get some feedback from those in the know.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 25 Jan 2021, 2:07 pm

Not going with the Harrels tuner then?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 26 Jan 2021, 3:47 pm

SCJ429 wrote:Not going with the Harrels tuner then?

To hard to get hold of
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 26 Jan 2021, 5:11 pm

Fair enough. If I wanted some information about the Huntsman tuner I would ring BRT and talk to Annie or Stewart. Ask them who is doing well with this tuner and ask if there has been any issues fitting or using them. Annie and Stewart are very honest people and will give you good advice.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Jeff » 27 Jan 2021, 3:54 pm

SCJ429 wrote:Fair enough. If I wanted some information about the Huntsman tuner I would ring BRT and talk to Annie or Stewart. Ask them who is doing well with this tuner and ask if there has been any issues fitting or using them. Annie and Stewart are very honest people and will give you good advice.

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Wyliecoyote » 05 Mar 2021, 9:59 am

It should be noted that with the Huntsman tuner that using either their own formula or the Rx, should you use a 20 to 22 inch barrel with either the 9th or 11th harmonic, the tuner body and/or weights need to be machined down. With the 7th harmonic and a longer barrel there is no need, but who uses the 7th harmonic?
Just recently in the last few weeks i set up a Copperhead actioned rifle that was using the Huntsman as supplied with the owner turning grey from endless attempts to tune. By using the the Rx on the 9th harmonic, i virtually cut the tuner down by 50% set it to the acoustic length and the owner found the sweet spot within 5 graduations of the initial setting.
You may need to read this and many similar threads about setting up tuners.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/s ... 6577&amp=1
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jeff » 05 Mar 2021, 5:34 pm

Wyliecoyote wrote:It should be noted that with the Huntsman tuner that using either their own formula or the Rx, should you use a 20 to 22 inch barrel with either the 9th or 11th harmonic, the tuner body and/or weights need to be machined down. With the 7th harmonic and a longer barrel there is no need, but who uses the 7th harmonic?
Just recently in the last few weeks i set up a Copperhead actioned rifle that was using the Huntsman as supplied with the owner turning grey from endless attempts to tune. By using the the Rx on the 9th harmonic, i virtually cut the tuner down by 50% set it to the acoustic length and the owner found the sweet spot within 5 graduations of the initial setting.

Thanks
Jeff
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 07 Mar 2021, 9:27 am

Wyliecoyote wrote:It should be noted that with the Huntsman tuner that using either their own formula or the Rx, should you use a 20 to 22 inch barrel with either the 9th or 11th harmonic, the tuner body and/or weights need to be machined down. With the 7th harmonic and a longer barrel there is no need, but who uses the 7th harmonic?

I wonder how long it will be before someone tracks down an energy polarizer box (a la Peter Brock) and attaches one of them to their barrel.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 07 Mar 2021, 4:50 pm

straightshooter,
You just said something funny :lol: :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland