Lever Action Silhouette Nationals

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Lever Action Silhouette Nationals

Post by Gamerancher » 04 Mar 2021, 7:53 am

For anyone interested in having a go at this discipline, while I'm an advocate of people trying this out at a club level as a starting point, the rules allow for ungraded shooters to attend. You will be graded at the end of the event on your best 40 shot match result. This makes you eligible for awards at the end of the match. All that is required for entry is SSAA membership with "target shooting" listed. ( A valid shooters licence is also required of coarse )

SSAA ACT Inc invites you to the
SSAA LEVER ACTION
SILHOUETTE NATIONALS
Thursday 28th October to Sunday 31st October 2021
Registered:- Lever Action Silhouette, Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Matches

PLACE: SSAA Majura Range; veer left off Federal Highway then turn right onto Majura Road, about 10kms north of Canberra CBD, then 400m and turn left into Hector Macintosh Grove
( Gun Clubs Sign ) and Take the second gate on the right.

PRIZES: Medals all grades, including juniors, 3 gun medals and perpetual 3 Gun National Champion Shield. Presentations at the end of each days shooting events.

PROGRAM:
Thurs 28th, 10.30am to 5.00pm Practice.

Fri 29th, 7.00am to 8.00am. Practice, firearm & equipment scrutineering and shooters briefing. 8.30 am 80 shots Lever Action Silhouette National Championships.

Sat 30th, 7.00am to 8.00am. Practice, firearm & equipment scrutineering and shooters briefing. 8.30 am 80 shots Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette National Championships.

Sun 31st, 7.00am to 8.00am. Practice, firearm & equipment scrutineering and shooters briefing. 8.30 am 80 shots Smallbore Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette.

THE LAW: When in the ACT carry your home state's firearms registration & shooters licence.
COVID -19
Due to current COVID-19 being declared a pandemic by World Health Organisation and various Governments this event may be postponed on further advice from the Government Bodies or Chief Medical Officer.
Match Rules
Match rules will be as per current Rifle Metallic Silhouette Rule book as published on SSAA Inc website.
National Teams Selection
This shoot may be a National Teams Selection Shoot.

NOTE: Camping on the range with water and showers. Fires allowed if no current fire ban. Canteen facilities will be available for the duration of the event.

ENTRIES: ENTRIES: Phone David 0423043663, Mark on 0401867839 Email mnl1@live.com.au if unattended please leave message.

NOTE: Please enter early and list these points :- name, address, home phone, branch, events entered, grades and if sharing rifles. Please bring your grading cards, if you have them. Cheques payable to SSAA ACT Inc Silhouette Section.
Fees: Lever Action Silhouette $25, Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Silhouette $25 and Smallbore Rifle Silhouette $20, Juniors and pensioners $15 per event.
$60 for all three events. $40 for all three events Juniors and Pensioners.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Re: Lever Action Silhouette Nationals

Post by Dogtired » 27 May 2021, 9:42 pm

If I can get my Marlin 44 mag sorted I hope to be there.
Dogtired
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 16 Jul 2021, 1:28 pm

Is this centrefire only? I have a Henry .22 lever action. It has a red dot but I can take that off if we have to use iron sights only.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 16 Jul 2021, 8:51 pm

It's a three gun event, small bore, ( .22LR only ), pistol cartridge, ( still has to be a lever gun ), and rifle.
You can use any rifle in the next higher class, e.g. you can shoot your .22 in the pistol cartridge event, it won't knock down all of the heavier targets used in that class but plenty of folks just starting out will use it if it's all they have.
Must be rimmed case, well there are a couple of exemptions, but I doubt too many people reading this own a lever-gun in .35Rem.
Need to have tube magazine, no spitzer bullets, round nose or flat point only, it is for "cowboy" types of rifles. No BLR's or similar.
Iron sights, may be original barrel sights, receiver or tang, no scopes or red dots etc.
It is a graded event but an ungraded shooter can shoot and will be graded at the shoot.
This is a SSAA discipline, so if you don't like them and/or you're not a member, sorry, it's not for you.

All of the main details I posted above, if you need to know more or want to enter, please contact the people indicated in the original above.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Smiley » 17 Jul 2021, 6:39 am

LAS is my favourite match. I'd love to be at this but Covid is scarring me away.
Maybe next year.
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 17 Jul 2021, 8:36 am

Woden wrote:Is this centrefire only? I have a Henry .22 lever action. It has a red dot but I can take that off if we have to use iron sights only.

I'd suggest that if you are really interested in shooting this event, you should do yourself a favour and start by reading the rules!
Obtainable here https://www.ssaa.org.au/wp-content/uplo ... tion_1.pdf
If you had taken the time to read the original post, you would understand (?) that there are three events overall i.e., smallbore (22LR), pistol cartridge, and, lever action silhouette rifle (the big one).
Read the (sub-sections) re' lever-action.
If your rifle(s) comply, go and have fun. But, beware. It's a bit like illicit drugs, once you've tried it, you'll be hooked :)
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges