Belmont Range

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Belmont Range

Post by Robin » 05 Apr 2021, 11:17 am

Hey all,

Belmont range, Might be a silly question to some, however as I have only shot from the bench and would like to do more , like shooting standing and/or in different positions like prone and kneeling, is this something that is allowed in the standing section of the range, my reasons are so I can simulate as if I'm in the field and wont have the benefit of having a bench with me.
Robin
Private
Private
 
Posts: 95
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by Bugman » 05 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

I would make direct contact with them and ask. Also make a note of who you spoke to, at what time etc. Nothing untoward, but just in case the wrong info is given out.
Others on this forum who regularly shoot there, may have some info as to what you want.
User avatar
Bugman
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 523
New South Wales

Re: Belmont Range

Post by rc42 » 05 Apr 2021, 12:26 pm

The Belmont shooting complex has multiple clubs and ranges but it seems clear that you are referring to the SSAA range.

In short, yes you can stand to shoot in the standing post area, you can use the post for additional support or stand free of it, you can also lie down prone or put one of the mobile benches there and shoot from that. Despite being longer targets can only go out to about 200m for normal shooting, some competitions can use the full range length of about 500m
rc42
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 426
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2021, 1:14 pm

Robin wrote:Hey all,

Belmont range, Might be a silly question to some, however as I have only shot from the bench and would like to do more , like shooting standing and/or in different positions like prone and kneeling, is this something that is allowed in the standing section of the range, my reasons are so I can simulate as if I'm in the field and wont have the benefit of having a bench with me.


maybe you should drive out to ripley for the feild rifle comp . it's pretty casual . i've been doing it for a couple of years now and it involves all the shooting positions you stated . third saturday every month, centrefire 12-2 , rimfire from 2-4
User avatar
bigrich
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2810
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by Robin » 05 Apr 2021, 2:34 pm

bigrich wrote:
Robin wrote:Hey all,

Belmont range, Might be a silly question to some, however as I have only shot from the bench and would like to do more , like shooting standing and/or in different positions like prone and kneeling, is this something that is allowed in the standing section of the range, my reasons are so I can simulate as if I'm in the field and wont have the benefit of having a bench with me.


maybe you should drive out to ripley for the feild rifle comp . it's pretty casual . i've been doing it for a couple of years now and it involves all the shooting positions you stated . third saturday every month, centrefire 12-2 , rimfire from 2-4



Sounds like something I would be interested in, what do I need to do to do this.
Robin
Private
Private
 
Posts: 95
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by bigrich » 05 Apr 2021, 3:17 pm

Robin wrote:
bigrich wrote:
Robin wrote:Hey all,

Belmont range, Might be a silly question to some, however as I have only shot from the bench and would like to do more , like shooting standing and/or in different positions like prone and kneeling, is this something that is allowed in the standing section of the range, my reasons are so I can simulate as if I'm in the field and wont have the benefit of having a bench with me.


maybe you should drive out to ripley for the feild rifle comp . it's pretty casual . i've been doing it for a couple of years now and it involves all the shooting positions you stated . third saturday every month, centrefire 12-2 , rimfire from 2-4



Sounds like something I would be interested in, what do I need to do to do this.



PM SENT :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Major
Major
 
Posts: 2810
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by Robin » 05 Apr 2021, 3:50 pm

bigrich wrote:
Robin wrote:
bigrich wrote:
Robin wrote:Hey all,

Belmont range, Might be a silly question to some, however as I have only shot from the bench and would like to do more , like shooting standing and/or in different positions like prone and kneeling, is this something that is allowed in the standing section of the range, my reasons are so I can simulate as if I'm in the field and wont have the benefit of having a bench with me.


maybe you should drive out to ripley for the feild rifle comp . it's pretty casual . i've been doing it for a couple of years now and it involves all the shooting positions you stated . third saturday every month, centrefire 12-2 , rimfire from 2-4



Sounds like something I would be interested in, what do I need to do to do this.



PM SENT :thumbsup:



Thanks
Robin
Private
Private
 
Posts: 95
Queensland

Re: Belmont Range

Post by rc42 » 05 Apr 2021, 7:12 pm

Belmont SSAA have rifle competitions too, maybe you could try both clubs and report back.
Personally I haven't tried the rifle comps at either but the Belmont ones are described in the link below and booked online, unfortunately, if you do book in they will publish your name for the world to see.

https://www.revolutionise.com.au/ssaa/events/&cat=3456/
rc42
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 426
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges