Tasmanian Ranges

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Tasmanian Ranges

Post by S O K A R » 20 May 2021, 4:46 pm

Sorry if this has already been covered, but apparently I suck at searching & couldn't find what I was after.

I was just wondering if anyone has and/or knows where I can find a list of Tasmania ranges & the distances they cover?
According to my google search/s there is a 1,000m range in the south (assuming its still there), is that the largest? or are there others that cover more distance?

Thanks
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Re: Tasmanian Ranges

Post by Larry » 20 May 2021, 6:03 pm

As far as I know that is the largest and it is NRAA range and not open to the public like SSAA ranges you will need to be a member of the local club and join the State association TRA.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Re: Tasmanian Ranges

Post by tachyon » 27 Jun 2021, 9:22 pm

The longest distance range is at Campbeltown and runs from 100-1500 yards and run by the TRA (Tasmanian Rifle Association)

There are 2 major organisations that manage ranges. The TRA that has ranges like Campbeltown (1500) and Smithton (900) and others. The online documentation of these is limited but you can call Pete Fox on 0417 185 276 for details.

The SSAA ranges are listed here: https://www.ssaatas.com.au/

Then, if you are Hobart based, the Tasmanian Deer Stalkers run a 100-300y range about 20 minutes from town where you can shoot pistols and rifles on paper or steel.
tachyon
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges