Camo clothes on the range

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Camo clothes on the range

Post by tachyon » 17 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm

At the pistol and rifle ranges I frequent nobody wears camo.

In the "Genuine Reason" section on gun licences and PTA's I can't recall "I like to dress up in military gear and a pistol/rifle will complete my outfit" being one.

While I don't think there are, or should be, any rules about wearing camo to a range, doing so says a whole lot of things about the wearer... and none of them are flattering, regardless of the size of the wearer's backside.
tachyon
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 17 Jul 2021, 4:39 pm

tachyon wrote:At the pistol and rifle ranges I frequent nobody wears camo.

In the "Genuine Reason" section on gun licences and PTA's I can't recall "I like to dress up in military gear and a pistol/rifle will complete my outfit" being one.

While I don't think there are, or should be, any rules about wearing camo to a range, doing so says a whole lot of things about the wearer... and none of them are flattering, regardless of the size of the wearer's backside.

Anything you read into what anybody wears is only happening in your head, your problem, not theirs.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 17 Jul 2021, 6:57 pm

Why aren't milsurps and camo stocks banned at these ranges too...weirdest rule ever.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 18 Jul 2021, 8:44 am

MontyShooter wrote:Why aren't milsurps and camo stocks banned at these ranges too...weirdest rule ever.

Because the gun can't walk 200 meters to a target and be hard to see .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigpete » 18 Jul 2021, 1:04 pm

JohnV wrote:
MontyShooter wrote:Why aren't milsurps and camo stocks banned at these ranges too...weirdest rule ever.

Because the gun can't walk 200 meters to a target and be hard to see .

:thumbsup:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Jul 2021, 3:51 pm

y'know what , ya might be on to something . there's a whole lot of overweight middle aged women who like to wear lycra "mumble pants " if they brought them out in camo it might make their large back sides harder to see :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 18 Jul 2021, 5:05 pm

bigrich wrote:

y'know what , ya might be on to something . there's a whole lot of overweight middle aged women who like to wear lycra "mumble pants " if they brought them out in camo it might make their large back sides harder to see :lol:

You're terrible muriel :lol:
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm

bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:

always glad to help ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 18 Jul 2021, 5:25 pm

bigrich wrote:
bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:

always glad to help ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

Actually, you've reminded me. Been a while since the little lady donned yoga pants.... :D
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 18 Jul 2021, 5:28 pm

c'mon pete, this isn't one of THOSE forums.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland