Shotgun Clubs Victoria

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Shotgun Clubs Victoria

Post by mick1902 » 17 Jan 2022, 8:15 pm

Hey,

Im a rifle shooter but I am keen to bash away at some clays on the weekend.

Where would you recommend in Melbourne?

Happy to join whichever club but really not interested in being competitive just want to practice and improve my skills.

Any recommendations or experiences with clubs in Melbourne would be appreciated.

Thanks.
mick1902
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Shotgun Clubs Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 20 Jan 2022, 5:57 pm

G'day mick1902,
SSAA Eagle Park has a couple of clubs, Sporting Clays and 5 Stand, the 5 Stand people seem quite welcoming and casual. Frankston Gun Club has been spoken of as a good mob of people but I no longer know any members there, Werribee International is run by formerr World Champions and Olympic Gold Medallists Russell Marks and his wife. Those are the only 3 I've shot in recent years, but contact Field & Game also, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm

Melbourne gun club at epping is okay. You can shoot 3 times then have to join. Its about 60 bucks per year and you can shoot all you can afford.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 21 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm

I talked to F&G Morwell but I was only interested in seeing what they do, not in actually shooting. He did say what they shoot but I didn't take notes and can't recall now with any certainty.
Was supposed to get out there on the 19th for a look but got swamped with my grandkids and didn't get there.
They are my membership club for F&G since I joined in 2014, but I've never been.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges