Rifle ranges near Mansfield, VIC?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Rifle ranges near Mansfield, VIC?

Post by onehunglow » 08 Feb 2022, 7:50 am

We have recently moved from the NT to Victoria, purchasing a farm just outside Mansfield. I've got a .22 and a .308 that I enjoy using for target shooting. This wasn't a problem in the NT on 3000+ acres, but in VIC on 150 acres is a bit more challenging due to the proximity of neighbors and a few other factors.

From my research, the only range I can find is a clay target club in Mansfield. Does anyone else know of any ranges that allow either rimfire or centrefire shooting around the Mansfield area? I'm happy to drive an hour or so, I just can't seem to find anything.

Thank you for your help.
onehunglow
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Rifle ranges near Mansfield, VIC?

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 Feb 2022, 4:30 pm

G'day onehunglow,
You are just under an hour from Violet Town, call the Captain of the VRA there as they do a few different things as well as Target Rifle and F Class. VRA website should get you a contact number, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Soopyyy » 08 Feb 2022, 6:07 pm

There's one in Shepp.
Soopyyy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by onehunglow » 09 Feb 2022, 1:46 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day onehunglow,
You are just under an hour from Violet Town, call the Captain of the VRA there as they do a few different things as well as Target Rifle and F Class. VRA website should get you a contact number, Cheers.

Thanks No1Mk3, I'll look it up!
onehunglow
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by onehunglow » 09 Feb 2022, 1:48 pm

Soopyyy wrote:There's one in Shepp.

Thanks Soopyyy. That's a little over 2 hours from my please, I'm really hoping to find something closes but it's not looking great :D
onehunglow
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 09 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm

There is also a rifle range along side the Mansfield - Benalla road just out of Benalla. Similarly in the forested area there (can't think of its name) is the Benalla pistol club. Some smallbore clubs also use pistol club ranges.

Mind I do not know how active these ranges are.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by onehunglow » 10 Feb 2022, 4:33 pm

Sarco wrote:There is also a rifle range along side the Mansfield - Benalla road just out of Benalla. Similarly in the forested area there (can't think of its name) is the Benalla pistol club. Some smallbore clubs also use pistol club ranges.

Mind I do not know how active these ranges are.

Thanks Sarco. I managed to find it on Google Maps, and I've sent an email to the club email address. Hopefully it's still open!
onehunglow
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Larry » 10 Feb 2022, 5:31 pm

If that is Gobur you are thinking of it is long closed. The site is on private property that was sold and the range closed years ago.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges