Small bore rifle club questions + more

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Small bore rifle club questions + more

Post by jennageit » 29 Jul 2014, 4:59 pm

Okay guys, I've decided to store the bolt separately.

Also, I'd hoped to go to the rifle club in a couple of weeks (they meet every Wednesday night) to meet and greet. Should I take some ear muffs? If so, any suggestions on brands, prices etc etc?

Jenna

PS. I just got back from the doctors, they're all a bunch of f&#kwits! I'm looking at being in my current state for at least the next 9 weeks, and that's if they move their butts and get me an appointment. Not happening. I'm going to try real hard and get some exercise in, maybe i can get the body to play nice and start repairing itself.
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 30 Jul 2014, 4:03 pm

jennageit wrote:Should I take some ear muffs? If so, any suggestions on brands, prices etc etc?

Only take them if you value your hearing :lol:

Check out this topic for some good earmuff info - Electronic ear muffs
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by ployer » 30 Jul 2014, 4:04 pm

jennageit wrote:I'm looking at being in my current state for at least the next 9 weeks

:shock: :? :oops: :cry:
ployer
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 30 Jul 2014, 4:07 pm

jennageit wrote:I'm going to try real hard and get some exercise in, maybe Ii can get the body to play nice and start repairing itself.

If you can, swim. Regular freestyle is the best rehab there is in my experience.

Take it from the guy with who has had two hip replacements, two fused vertebrae, broken ribs, clavicle, shoulder blade, dislocated a knee and both shoulders.

Swim.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Hatter » 30 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm

f*** Lorgar. Did the parachute not open or what?
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 30 Jul 2014, 4:09 pm

Well, you know... We were all foolish teenagers once :lol:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by jennageit » 30 Jul 2014, 4:37 pm

Geez Lorgar, you're more busted up than I have ever been!

To date, i've broken my left arm, left wrist, left collar bone x 3 times, left leg, both ankles, fractured my neck in 2 places (2 separate accidents), right shoulder, 2 knuckles on left hand, 3 on the right. All from riding racehorses - not riding as such, more falling off the beasts at high speed. I've also had my skull fractured 4 times, and my cheek bone and eye socket fractured once. Those ones were caused by my ex fiance. Oh, and I dislocated my elbow and my thumb on him when I finally fought back. Worth it though lmao

I'm really hoping to start swimming, although my back took a turn for the worse last night so I can't get in the car to travel the 20kms to the pool. As soon as I can though, I'll be swimming for sure - against doctors advice though.
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 31 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

Yeah I was a bit of a mess.

A fellow motorist was kind enough to speed into a roundabout in his flatbed truck and roll my car into a pole.

Woke up a short time later to the sound of the jaws of life cutting me out of the car.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by jennageit » 31 Jul 2014, 5:44 pm

That's bad. I'm glad you're still here mate. It sounds like it could have been a lot worse than it was.

Someone was obviously smiling down on you that day.
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 31 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm

Yeah, these things can always be worse.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges