Recommendations on comfortable eyewear

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Recommendations on comfortable eyewear

Post by Warrigul » 03 Sep 2014, 7:07 pm

Vati wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I try to avoid over glasses as they can result in poorer vision and less likely to be worn when required.

I was going to say.

Most of the tradies I see have their safety gear clipped on their belt instead of on their body.

Three written warnings and down the road if my crew, for subbies it was one warning then piss off, leave site and tell your boss to send someone back who will obey OH&S.

There seem to be a bigger portion of young ones nowadays that see start and meal break times as advisory and PPE purely as an option but sack a few and the rest wakeup.

The hardest ones are some of the older blokes and even though I am 46 I still cop s**t sometimes and am known as a bit of a crunt but that is my job and three strikes works with them eventually too.

No lost time injuries in 1265 days of project management, I am lucky in that I get to choose team leaders when applicable.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Old Fart » 04 Sep 2014, 11:25 am

1290 wrote:safety gear in the truck as it was 'such a pain to use'

I've known a couple of blokes like that over the years.

A few now have less than 10 fingers and toes.
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight - .270 Winchester Short Magnum
Uberti 1873 Short Rifle - .45 Colt
Winchester Model 70 Coyote Varmint - .22-250 Remington
Old Fart
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by pracshooter » 04 Sep 2014, 10:47 pm

pracshooter
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by paps » 05 Sep 2014, 11:25 am

Old Fart wrote:A few now have less than 10 fingers and toes.

I still can't get the pictures out of my head where you see blokes who've rings have caught on something jumping out of a truck and they peel there finger off.

:oops: :cry: :o :(
.257 Roberts Ruger Hawkeye
Burris Fullfield II 4.5x14-42mm
paps
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 05 Sep 2014, 12:00 pm

paps wrote:
Old Fart wrote:A few now have less than 10 fingers and toes.

I still can't get the pictures out of my head where you see blokes who've rings have caught on something jumping out of a truck and they peel there finger off.

:oops: :cry: :o :(

I've seen all the skin stripped off a finger when a bloke was jumping off a scaffold and also a wedding ring crushed into a finger and had to listen to the bloke screaming for (what seemed like three hours) three minutes until he passed out.

NEVER wear a steel watchband, leather will break and you won't end up welding it between the a battery terminal and the exhaust pipe on a fishing boat, when that happens it gets RED HOT and burns to the bone. In this instance it was a flexible metal and his wrist was saved by jumpoing straight in to the sea(the boat was at dock).

I am full of horror stories.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges