Enough bragging, what's your WORST shot!

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Enough bragging, what's your WORST shot!

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Sep 2014, 6:49 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm "Shot a hole in my mates ute tray." :shock: and I thought I was going to win the competition, looks like I'm second place now? At least Timb0 & I are honest. ;) not like the rest of you.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Granting » 15 Sep 2014, 7:47 pm

Timb0 wrote:At least you can count on me to bring the beer!

Will they have holes shot through them?
Tikka T3 Camo Stainless 30-06 w/ Zeiss Duralyt 3–12x50
Sako A11 22-250
Remington M514 22LR
Granting
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Seconds » 19 Sep 2014, 10:15 am

The next day the empties will ;)
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 19 Sep 2014, 10:23 am

Have to say trying to shoot the boot lock outta a Gemini with a ruger 10/22 when I was 17 as we had locked the keys in the boot 100km's from nowhere!!! worked well except for the fact it continued threw the boot lid and into the fuel tank which is located upright behind the rear seat!!!!We went from one problem to another!!! :lol: :D :lol: Good thing we had some chewing gum handy and the tank was 1/2 full fumes only as the bullet strike was above the high tide line,still laugh to this day how "Dumb" someone can be when they were young!!!Isn't that right Tikka 223 :lol: :D :lol: I reckon Tikka 223 was probably a saint compared to some of us here!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by jennageit » 19 Sep 2014, 10:47 am

It's reading stories like yours Westy that make me wonder how we survived, but we did, and had a blast along the way.

Another worst, not from me though.
This is a third hand story, but I saw the end result in person.

One of dads mates was lined up a shot, using a railway track to steady his gun. His sight cleared the second rail, but the end of the barrel didn't. He pulled the trigger, and copped the ricochet when the shot hit the rail. It made a real mess of his face, and he lost his left eye, but it didn't kill him.

Four months later, he was back out shooting again, and would tell anyone who'd listen about his mistake.
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by effex » 19 Sep 2014, 4:01 pm

Westy wrote:Have to say trying to shoot the boot lock outta a Gemini with a ruger 10/22 when I was 17 as we had locked the keys in the boot 100km's from nowhere!!! worked well except for the fact it continued threw the boot lid and into the fuel tank

I've never done it but wondered about shooting pad lock off something like they do in movies.

In reality I guess it goes through the lock, through your shed and probably kills your mower :lol:
effex
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by Westy » 19 Sep 2014, 4:03 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Save the bullet use liquid Nitrogen does the trick much quitter!!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Ade » 30 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm

[quote="jennageit"]It's reading stories like yours Westy that make me wonder how we survived, but we did, and had a blast along the way.

Another worst, not from me though.
This is a third hand story, but I saw the end result in person.

One of dads mates was lined up a shot, using a railway track to steady his gun. His sight cleared the second rail, but the end of the barrel didn't. He pulled the trigger, and copped the ricochet when the shot hit the rail. It made a real mess of his face, and he lost his left eye, but it didn't

A mate did a similar thing. Shooting over the bonnet of his new landrover. Sight cleared the bonnet, barrel didn't. Big gouge outa the new bonnet from a 22/250
Brno model 2 .22
Beretta silver pigeon 12 bore
I.Hollis and Sons 12 bore side by side hammers sidelock 2,5
Ade
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Combat_Wombat » 30 Sep 2014, 8:05 pm

My cousin decided to take a mate out spotlighting. Turned out he had never been out before and decided to shoot a rabbit he spotted 20m away by leaning over the top of the ute. Wasn't paying too much attention to where the barrel was hahaha
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.87 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by oowess » 01 Oct 2014, 11:08 am

I'm pleading the 5th on this one, it's too bad :D
oowess
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Korkt » 01 Oct 2014, 11:09 am

Combat_Wombat wrote:Wasn't paying too much attention to where the barrel was hahaha

Jooyses :shock:
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JimmyS » 10 Aug 2017, 6:56 pm

Firing prone with a Steyr AUG at 100 meters at a human silhouette, and totally missing it, firing about 2 inches off to the left.

Needless to say, Corporal got quite grumpy with me, I think he referred to me as a "f***ing Spastic c***?"
Mind you, I never touched a rifle before Kapooka.
Good times, I swear! :D
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by southwest shooter » 11 Aug 2017, 5:36 pm

I've had more misses than I can remember !
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Growler » 11 Aug 2017, 6:18 pm

Last years Royal Adelaide Show. Gallery shooting with a slug gun, got cocky and missed the fifth duck from what 2.5 maybe 3m away. Didn't win a prize that i told my little girl she'd get, and had to go and buy one !@#*
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

I missed a wallaby at no more than 10M, with a 12 Gauge.

Needless to say he fell to the second barrel when he ran lol.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Thom318 » 11 Aug 2017, 8:10 pm

First time shooting from the back of a Ute, missed 3 shots on a Fox we were chasing. As the driver said, that was one f@#&?!g expensive fox. Luckily I redeemed myself slightly and got him with the 4th
Thom318
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Dunxy » 13 Aug 2017, 1:46 pm

Haven't had any whoopsies with a firearm(touch wood) but i do recall sending an arrow to god knows where with a 65lb compound bow i used to have, i used to angle it at about 45 degrees up to draw it and wasn't using my release aid, lost my grip on the string, while still at 45 degrees! Thankfully there was no reports of anybody getting struck by a random arrow so i think i got away with it. Have since sold the bow as i was useless with it and all it did was destroy arrows,only ever got one fox with it.

Have got a negligent discharge story from my mate though, he was out looking for something (i forget what he was chasing)and was wandering around with one up the spout of his Sako .223 with the safety on.Never saw anything and after getting back into hunting lodge and sitting down, flicked his safety of and blew a hole in the roof.He was not so disappointed when the lodge was taken out by a bushfire before the owner saw the result of his incident!
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 13 Aug 2017, 2:38 pm

Aren't utes legitimate targets? Pic says it all. .at least it was my own ute. :drinks:

20170813_143311.jpg
20170813_143311.jpg (769.93 KiB) Viewed 4818 times
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 14 Aug 2017, 5:33 pm

Growler wrote:Last years Royal Adelaide Show. Gallery shooting with a slug gun, got cocky and missed the fifth duck from what 2.5 maybe 3m away. Didn't win a prize that i told my little girl she'd get, and had to go and buy one !@#*

Reminded me of getting into a blue with the carnie running the shooting ducks game. 5 shots, first shot I hit the duck dead on and damned if the slug doesn't just bounce off. Give the carnie a WTF? sort of look. "You gotta hit it in the head mate", Then proceed to rattle off the other 4 shots, with one duck dropping and the rest bouncing off, with me getting progressively ******. Tried to placate me with some sort of BS trinket, words were exchanged, eventually he gave my money back and we both gave each other stink eye, fun times.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges