Shooting range essentials - What's in your kit?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Shooting range essentials - What's in your kit?

Post by Octane » 06 Oct 2014, 10:09 am

Bennybigbores wrote:Never been to a range

Say whaaat?
Octane
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 06 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm

What one takes also depends on the range, it isolation or not, if it has a café attached like Springvale or Eagle Park. Water, especially in the warmer months of a thermos with coffee and something to eat. My pistol or rifle bag containing some items that have never seen the light of day since 2000. FIRST aid kit with a works in it. Then ammunition and that's it, my pistols have never broken down, other than 1 slide stop and my rifle (JGA) which my father gave me in the late 60ies still shoots first time very time.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scrolllock » 08 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm

I went to Eagle Park about 5 times before I noticed the cafe there on the way out :evil:
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 08 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm

scrolllock wrote:I went to Eagle Park about 5 times before I noticed the cafe there on the way out :evil:

Guy named Bruno runs it, fantastic guy, great food and coffee, a must on any day, seeing the range is now open on Friday as well.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm

Bennybigbores wrote:Never been to a range,so I'd say rifle, ammo, paper, cleaning kit and more ammo

Not missing anything I can tell ya :lol: well other than the fact 99% can't shoot for s**t from what I've seen on the rare occasion I roll up to one :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bennybigbores » 08 Oct 2014, 7:31 pm

I got access to a 2000+ acre range. Aka the brothers laws farm. Plus 400 of my own. I lie I have been to the local pistol club twice using a friends .22 but other than that never, a coworker frequents a range on the coast and raves about it, he's only new to shooting and gets lots of advice might go for a sqizz one day and see how the howa performs against the paper hunters
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gregg » 10 Oct 2014, 12:53 pm

Water and Panadol for a long day :lol:
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges