I'll never understand some shooters

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: I'll never understand some shooters

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Oct 2016, 6:46 pm

Welcome Colin, you aren't wrong about it getting expensive, the more you do it the more expensive it becomes LOL.

When I started reloading some 30yrs or so ago I only had Nick Harveys book to go by, which was fine as it had everything in it to get you up and running and then some. I still don't get into all the full on reloading stuff that some do with their target shooting adventures etc (really not that way inclined I guess, I'm happy to knock out basic ammo that suits the rifle I'm making it for and the application it's intended for.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by duncan61 » 25 Oct 2016, 11:18 pm

My man came to our reloading place for the first time this afternoon and pressed. 243 reloads for the first time and loved it . He admitted to having a flinch and we are going to work on it this weekend. Guess what, he is after a smaller caliber. I only wish for one rifle. Ha ha ha .I have 7 again. We all need 13.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 21 Dec 2017, 7:20 pm

Westy wrote:
Chronos wrote:Mentor, they need a nature responsible mentor.....hope they find one :lol:

Brute, it's not just young bloke and not just at short ranges. I sat at a bench once at 300m shooting my 7-08 with an untested load. The load didn't impress me but was holding 4" at 300m in gusty side winds.

Two blokes nearby shooting semi custom tacticool .308's with $2k scopes and couldn't keep them on paper.

Some purple appreciate help and guidance. Others can figure it out for them selves, eventually

Chronos

Where you been M8????????????

How was Jail????????? :lol: :D :lol:

nice to see your back

Did Bubba send a message?

Will we play "Mommies and Daddies" again?

All questions Westy should have asked .... :D
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 21 Dec 2017, 7:21 pm

Noisydad wrote:Funny you don't see any of this stuff at a black powder club - just a bunch of big kids pretending to be Daniel Boone and grinning from ear to ear all day! :-D

or a Western Action - but those are mostly organised shoots.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 22 Dec 2017, 9:20 pm

Heck prividing they are enjoying themselves what does it matter. I also get a laugh out of watching people shoot their 300wm at 50 seems wasteful to me but its what they want. Heck i started a few conversations a few weekends ago shooting my 45-70 out to 200-300m sure groups werent the best but i had a ball and by the end of it all i found id hit more than id missed. Even inspired a young bloke to give the 300m targets a shot with a little help he was hitting targets and hopefully next time will start pushing himself a little more.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 24 Dec 2017, 7:40 am

I just hate everyone really
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Dec 2017, 11:59 am

bigpete wrote:I just hate everyone really

It's the best way to be, saves on the confusion :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by p3seven » 24 Dec 2017, 12:08 pm

Thats what ranges are for. But one should make sure every time you press the trigger you learn something. The country road signs ars a lot safer these days.
Henry 22lr
Savage ll BTVS 22lr
Howa 1500 243 W
p3seven
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 24 Dec 2017, 1:17 pm

I love my muzzle brake and tacticool 308 I have. It's tactical and cool. And fireballs my Mosin M38 sends down:) And an awesome boom my Styer M95 makes. And anyone at the range with issues about this, can line up in orderly fashion and I will calmly and politely tell each one of those old fudds promptly f*** right off and go back to their nursing homes. LOL
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 24 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

I thought I would join the party, however rather than buy a muzzle brake I bought a thread tap. I already have the tie wire :D
Your Order Contains...
Cart Items Qty Item Price Item Total
UNEF Intermediate Tap (HSS) - 5/8" x 24TPI | Special Thread

1 $45.95 AUD $45.95 AUD
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Keith » 12 Apr 2018, 6:23 pm

Noisydad wrote:Funny you don't see any of this stuff at a black powder club - just a bunch of big kids pretending to be Daniel Boone and grinning from ear to ear all day! :-D

Keith. :D
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
Keith
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SCJ429 » 13 Jul 2018, 7:42 pm

I remember when all the "Tactikool" guys were shooting SKS or SKK rifles, the spent brass was raining down on me on the adjoining bench. The copper washed brass littered the floor like 22LR brass today. My shooting today consists of a lot of 50 metre shooting, I get some funny looks when shooting my 22lr at 50 metres from the seated position, I wonder if they get annoyed with my short range plinking?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges