Metallic Silhouette

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Metallic Silhouette

Post by Westy » 12 Oct 2014, 6:58 am

Well yesterday was the first day I finally took the family to a Metallic Silhouette Club day!!!The wife now armed with the new QLD License decided it just wasn't for me to have a good time and along she comes with the 11yr old in tow. Well it was a great day and everyone had a shoot, she shot 5/40 and well you could have imagined the excuses we suffered all the way home the 11yr old shot from a supported position and nailed everything doing the old man proud and your truly shot a 29 best score in quite a while .all in all everyone except my bank balance felt good as she's decided that we need a 1712 Annie with 2" cut off the stock for her!!!OOhhhhhh stabbing pains in my wallet!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: Metallic Silhouette

Post by Chronos » 12 Oct 2014, 7:21 am

good to hear you all had a good time westy, rimfire silhouette is good clean family fun eh?

i started with a sterling mod 14 for my mrs, 3" off the barrel, 1 1/2" off the butt. i did the crown myself in a hurry before we went to a practice day at bowral, she only shot an chickens, pigs and turkeys....she shot 18/30 with the new shorter set up.

tried to talk her into a better gun, even bought a brno model 2 to restock and rebarrel for her....."i like the other one better" FACEPALM! so i sold the brno for a profit and put a better scope on my weatherby Mkxxii

sounds like you're on a winner with the 11yo too, there was a cz scout advertised the other day :LOL:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 12 Oct 2014, 5:40 pm

Westy wrote:Well yesterday was the first day I finally took the family to a Metallic Silhouette Club day!!!The wife now armed with the new QLD License decided it just wasn't for me to have a good time and along she comes with the 11yr old in tow. Well it was a great day and everyone had a shoot, she shot 5/40 and well you could have imagined the excuses we suffered all the way home the 11yr old shot from a supported position and nailed everything doing the old man proud and your truly shot a 29 best score in quite a while .all in all everyone except my bank balance felt good as she's decided that we need a 1712 Annie with 2" cut off the stock for her!!!OOhhhhhh stabbing pains in my wallet!!!! :lol: :D :lol:

That reminds me, I've got a stock off a CZ scout slightly modified to fit a full sized CZ452 if anyone wants it for $100 and post. The daughter and son are handling full sized rifles now so Dad has the full sized stock back on his(mine really) CZ.

I'll put it in the adverts.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Juganort » 12 Oct 2014, 7:10 pm

Sounds like a blast Westy, hope to do something similar when my boy is old enough. I've just got my first .22 a couple of weeks back and just need to work out my adjustments and I'll be down at Belmont for a crack
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Juganort
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Westy » 12 Oct 2014, 7:54 pm

Juganort wrote:Sounds like a blast Westy, hope to do something similar when my boy is old enough. I've just got my first .22 a couple of weeks back and just need to work out my adjustments and I'll be down at Belmont for a crack

cu there and come and say Hi!!!! ;) :) ;)
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 12 Oct 2014, 8:37 pm

Makes a great day out huh! Still not sure that teaching spouses to shoot is an entirely good thing -
A/ They often end up shooting better than us.
B/ They find out how much new guns REALLY cost (as opposed to what we tell them they cost) LOL!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Farmjer » 14 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

Sounds like fun :D
Farmjer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by brisb » 14 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

Where was this at Westy?
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RealNick » 14 Oct 2014, 10:51 am

Westy wrote:all in all everyone except my bank balance felt good

Small price to pay for the misses not bitching about how much you spend on shooting :D
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 14 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

RealNick wrote:
Westy wrote:all in all everyone except my bank balance felt good

Small price to pay for the misses not bitching about how much you spend on shooting :D

About have of what they spend on dresses. :lol:
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Westy » 14 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm

brisb wrote:Where was this at Westy?

Brisbane SSAA every second Saturday of the month!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Norton » 15 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

cavok wrote:About have of what they spend on dresses. :lol:

f***ing shoes!
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 12 Feb 2015, 10:50 pm

.22 silhouette shooting is a blast. My local gun club has a .22BPCR, .22 Long Rifle Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, match monthly. .22BPCR matches require shooters to use rifles that meet the same requirements for BPCR matches, exposed hammers, weight and length restrictions as well as being designed in the 19th Century. The course of fire ranges from chickens at 25 yards/meters, pigs at 50 yards/meters, turkeys at 100 yards/meters and finally rams at 200 yards/meters. Of course the silhouettes are scaled down, where the chickens are about the size of grasshoppers and are shot offhand while the rams are about a foot in length and the same in height but weigh a couple of pounds. The latter three positions may be fired from standing, sitting, kneeling or prone at the shooters choosing. It is great fun and someday I hope to hit a chicken.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Westy » 13 Feb 2015, 7:03 am

GLS_1956 wrote:.22 silhouette shooting is a blast. My local gun club has a .22BPCR, .22 Long Rifle Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, match monthly. .22BPCR matches require shooters to use rifles that meet the same requirements for BPCR matches, exposed hammers, weight and length restrictions as well as being designed in the 19th Century. The course of fire ranges from chickens at 25 yards/meters, pigs at 50 yards/meters, turkeys at 100 yards/meters and finally rams at 200 yards/meters. Of course the silhouettes are scaled down, where the chickens are about the size of grasshoppers and are shot offhand while the rams are about a foot in length and the same in height but weigh a couple of pounds. The latter three positions may be fired from standing, sitting, kneeling or prone at the shooters choosing. It is great fun and someday I hope to hit a chicken.

:lol: :lol: :lol: chicken
Here we have
chickens @40Meters
Pigs @ 60m
turkeys @ 73m weird measurement I know
Rams @100m
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Warrigul » 13 Feb 2015, 8:14 am

Westy wrote:
GLS_1956 wrote:.22 silhouette shooting is a blast. My local gun club has a .22BPCR, .22 Long Rifle Black Powder Cartridge Rifle, match monthly. .22BPCR matches require shooters to use rifles that meet the same requirements for BPCR matches, exposed hammers, weight and length restrictions as well as being designed in the 19th Century. The course of fire ranges from chickens at 25 yards/meters, pigs at 50 yards/meters, turkeys at 100 yards/meters and finally rams at 200 yards/meters. Of course the silhouettes are scaled down, where the chickens are about the size of grasshoppers and are shot offhand while the rams are about a foot in length and the same in height but weigh a couple of pounds. The latter three positions may be fired from standing, sitting, kneeling or prone at the shooters choosing. It is great fun and someday I hope to hit a chicken.

:lol: :lol: :lol: chicken
Here we have
chickens @40Meters
Pigs @ 60m
turkeys @ 73m weird measurement I know
Rams @100m

Our local: pistol rimfire silhouette, same sized targets but chickens at 15m, pigs at 50, turkeys at 75 and rams at 100.

Some very impressive scores are shot with a .22 rimfire pistols at times, especially a couple of blokes with TC's. 30+ scores are common when shooting prone or creedmore.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Rocker » 13 Feb 2015, 6:37 pm

Westy wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: chicken

Chicken... The deadliest game.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal