Giving up the guns

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Giving up the guns

Post by Varmtr » 28 Feb 2015, 1:48 pm

Prios wrote:
Varmtr wrote:I haven't pulled the trigger for 3 or so years

That's the kind of stretch I'm talking.

Shame :|

Prios hows ur mate going ? Decisions decisions hey :unknown:
Varmtr
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Prios » 01 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm

Varmtr wrote:Prios hows ur mate going ? Decisions decisions hey :unknown:

Still deciding :thumbsdown:
Browning T-Bolt 17HMR + Leupold VX-1 4-12x40
Browning X Bolt Hunter 30-06 Springfield + Leupold VX-1 3-9x40
Prios
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by BRNOmod2 » 01 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

Few of my fathers old fullbore mates from the 60's/70's have given game away due to reaching very senior age - its worked out ok for me though, - from one I received a Savage made No 4 .303, new unfitted Lithgow "H" barrel for a No 1, set of Lithgow wood for No 1 Mk 3, butt stock for a "Long Tom, PH5C sight, and bayonet for $175, from other I got 500+ rnds of mid to late 50's .303 (my fav .303 ammo), 100 rnds ADI .308, set .308 headspace gauges, 2 central sights, another PH5C sight, Austral sight, 2x "sniper" swivel screws for No 4, Central .303 bore gauges, central .303 rim thickness gauge plus other sundries for .303 for $200 - im into the .303's as you might have guessed.
BRNOmod2
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Kelix » 02 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

It may make more sense for some to give them up. All depends.

I have a few mates who dabbled in show cars and racing for a while. They had good fun to start but once the novelty wore of it because work and expense.

No point having that money sitting in the driveway. Same for guns if that's your situation.
Kelix
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by scrolllock » 07 May 2015, 11:31 am

I'm not sure how we got onto boating either :lol:
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 14 May 2015, 11:43 pm

Prios wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:They aren't costing him anything to keep so why not, who knows the grandkids might like to give it a go and he's in the perfect position to help them if they do. :thumbsup:

It's not that it's costing him, it's about having that money in something he'll be using.

The word 'boat' keeps coming up again and again I've noticed :lol:

What guns? I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident. :)

But if I lived in Australia I would keep at least a few even if I didn't shoot them for a few reasons. First, not to be a pessimist, but it is always possible they will pass a new law and perhaps instead of requiring a buyback they will grandfather many like they have done in other Commonwealth nations. It would also always be good to have them to introduce interested parties or family to firearms. Finally, keep those numbers up for political capitol. You need more gun owners, not less.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lyam » 19 May 2015, 10:56 am

bentaz wrote:How yhe hell do you shoot stuff with a boat? :unknown:

You just need a REALLY big bore and a LOT of smokeless powder to launch it :lol:
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by gunnerjacky » 03 Jul 2015, 5:22 pm

I wonder if there is anyone who has given up his firearms license and still active here as an enoughgun member! By the way, even if my wife asks me, I will never give up my gun. I just love shooting.
Learning firearms from Boston Firearms Training School
gunnerjacky
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Xerox » 06 Jul 2015, 10:10 am

Got one family friend who gave up his because of arthritis in the fingers getting too bad to work it :thumbsdown:
Xerox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by gunnerjacky » 12 May 2016, 4:05 pm

Xerox wrote:Got one family friend who gave up his because of arthritis in the fingers getting too bad to work it :thumbsdown:

I'm sorry to hear so. A person who loves shooting and has to give up like that is so hurting. :cry: Arthritis is one such painful joint disorder I wish I never have to face in my life.
Learning firearms from Boston Firearms Training School
gunnerjacky
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by deye243 » 12 May 2016, 10:28 pm

i've been trying to get out for 3 months (the gov don't make it easy to get out) in vic i can't advertise them

they expect me to take them in to a dealer and give them away .

if they want less guns in the community they should buy them back off me at a fair price and my license as well
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Yelp » 16 May 2016, 2:01 pm

Yeah I saw that post mods did about Victoria a while ago.

What a crock of s**t that license holders aren't able to advertiser their firearms for sale to other license holders.

Advertising is working fine for the other 7 states :unknown:

Same old useless gun-control nonsense.
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges