Round 2 of 2015 Mudgee Meetups - WRSC

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Round 2 of 2015 Mudgee Meetups - WRSC

Post by Hilux2003 » 06 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

Next round is Friday 15th to Sunday 17th May at Windamere Regional Shooting Complex.

Meet up at range 1 shed after 2pm on Friday. Full BYO weekend. We have BBQ's for your use. Camping - vans, tents & swags all ok. No permanent power, generator is run at night only.

Please advise if attending, so we have some idea of numbers for the weekend.

Thanks for the promo (on the January shoot post) 'Chronos' - I should be at this one for the Saturday night. :crazy:
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Round 2 of 2015 Mudgee Meetups - WRSC

Post by Chronos » 06 Apr 2015, 7:29 pm

good to hear Hilux, You know the only reason us Sydney blokes come up is to pick on you :drinks:

I've got a case of coopers green for the centerfire benchrest comp i beat you next time

Just kidding mate, You blokes run a great weekend up there and it's well worth anyone who's with in driving distance of Mudgee, hell you could even bring the wife and kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Hilux2003 » 06 Apr 2015, 8:48 pm

Well I should be there for the "picking on" for Saturday night. Aim to be there by Friday arvo to open up, get HW going for showers, etc. but will be running archery Sat. AM at PCYC 'for the kiddies' (one claims to be "only 80" for the last 3 years & uses a Mongolian horse bow with a thumb release but most are under 18 & use the club Genesis or recurves).

Will have the winning rifle on hand for the Sunday 300m Fly shoot, no worries mate.
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Hilux2003 » 13 Apr 2015, 10:12 pm

Feeling negelected, it's been a week & no-one's picked on me ?
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 13 Apr 2015, 11:38 pm

I won't even be able to pick on you this weekend since the schedule says 500m "Silly Wet Range" and I need to get development done for 100/200 Yard Benchrest. Round 2 at Mudgee is also out as that is the Big Springs Range 100/200 Yard Benchrest Competition weekend so I can't even come and knock you off your perch with the winning Factory Class Rifle from last Wagga Fly Shoot....

Then in June you are still safe as your Benchrest Sunday is the same as the NSW State 500m Centrefire & 200yard Rimfire Championships.

So, I can't come and pick on you for some time yet....!!!!!
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Monty » 14 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm

Hilux2003 wrote:it's been a week & no-one's picked on me ?

We're all too nice :mrgreen:
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by Aussier » 14 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

Hilux2003 wrote:Feeling negelected, it's been a week & no-one's picked on me ?

You look funny and the popular kids don't like you.
Aussier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Hilux2003 » 23 Apr 2015, 6:07 pm

300m Fly shoot the other Sunday. Shame about the 3 x 1/8" clicks elevation & the 20km/h wind gust on the first shot, readjusted scope & still shot the next 4 just to see.

DSCF1911.jpg
DSCF1911.jpg (120.94 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 23 Apr 2015, 10:37 pm

A little bird told me that the wild shot was #5 just after Hilux was told he wasn't shooting a Weatherby, just a crappy old Savage... :friends:

Must be about time to bring my "Weatherby" up for a shot .... :clap:
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gregg » 24 Apr 2015, 11:42 am

Hilux2003 wrote:300m Fly shoot the other Sunday.[/attachment]

You only wounded that fly. I trust it was finished off humanely afterwards ;) :lol:
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Hilux2003 » 09 May 2015, 6:45 pm

Used the baynot off my Sweed, it's dead.
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sally-bee » 11 May 2015, 2:51 pm

Those flies are in trouble :mrgreen:
sally-bee
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Hilux2003 » 11 May 2015, 11:36 pm

Apollo wrote:A little bird told me that the wild shot was #5 just after Hilux was told he wasn't shooting a Weatherby, just a crappy old Savage... :friends:

Must be about time to bring my "Weatherby" up for a shot .... :clap:

Bring it on.
Wantabee's - I made your Wetherby sticker to cover up the "Bumington" engraving. So ashamed, won't do it again. Especially for slevied/modified Bumington crap. ;-)=

The name of the game (between Apollo & me) is "standard factory rifle".
I have an un modified 12BTSCC (except I removed the sling swivel bolts, so may be modified!) & Apollo has "something else" - possibley all factory but not all at the same time or colour (blued/stainless). Both in .223Rem 1:9 twist. Anyone else is invited to "have a go" - 300m Fly target X 3, = 5 scoring shots per target & a maximum of 3 sighters on a seperate card (due to range 2 being "soft target", we will have paper to 'sight' on, not a steel splash plate). All up = 24 rounds to "have a go".

We will sort this out on Sunday 17th (for the first round) & then, as per normal for 'any shooters' - continue to argue about it for the next XX years. Gives us older blokes a reason to have another beer......................
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Yelp » 13 May 2015, 11:07 am

Aussier wrote:You look funny and the popular kids don't like you.

Not the popular kids! Noooo!

:sarcasm: :lol:
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Chronos » 13 May 2015, 12:02 pm

So who's going to put up and come for a shoot?

It's always s fun weekend and there's plenty of stuff to shoot. You don't have to be a serious target shooter and if your keen to try pistols there will be done one to lend you a hand and some ammo.

To the Sydney guys especially this's a great chance to get out there and shoot beyond 50m as well as meet other shooters and maybe even network yourself into a property for a hunt.

As I said before I will put up a case of beer for the hunting rifle that shoots the best group, and I'll be trying to win it with factory ammo :lol:

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Hilux2003 » 13 May 2015, 10:56 pm

I'll load your 'factory ammo' if you like........... ;-)=

On that line...... young Jack had some steel cases 'target ammo' last weekend & it shot very well, he uses a 788 with the 6 or 9 rear locking lugs & if kept to a "reasonable" pressure, it & him shoot bluddy well, he's done me at 100m - once - bugger!

If it got a red tip (55gn Vmax) & in a factory box/packaging does it count as 'factory'?

(even if it the correct brass?)

Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges