SSAA Ranges in VIC

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

SSAA Ranges in VIC

Post by BradZ » 01 Jan 2016, 1:33 pm

Hey guys, recently got my ssaa so I can shoot at ranges, so I guess at some stage I better go find one!

Im in Swan Hill, VIC so im up for a bit of a drive but before I do, has anyone shot at the range at either Bendigo or Marong?

Leaning more towards Marong as it's closer and the website is a lot more informative than Bendigo's.

I'd just be bringing my 22-250, probably wouldn't need to shoot past 4 or 500m. Are there any restrictions I should know about or anything?

Thanks in advance.
BradZ
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: SSAA Ranges in VIC

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Jan 2016, 3:24 pm

G'day BradZ,
SSAA only have the one range in Bendigo, and that is on Serpentine-Marong Rd, Marong. It is a 300m maximum range. The other range in Bendigo is the VRA Wellsford range off Pratts Rd East Bendigo. VRA have some limitations on using sporting rifles and you would need to contact them prior to going there. For another 35Km you might consider SSAA Mildura which has a 600m range, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 01 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm

Have shot at Marong a few times. General shooting on the 1st and 3rd Sundays on the month from 12 pm. Get there early to get a bench. You can buy targets there at reasonable cost. Target frames and staplers on site.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by BradZ » 04 Jan 2016, 11:20 pm

Thanks guys, been in contact with the Marong range. I'd probably be playing around at 100m anyway.

So get there early for a bench you say? How does it work? Do you have a limit as to how long you spend at a bench?

So you have to buy targets from them but they do the rest? I plan on shooting off a bench with my bipod and sandbags. Assuming this is common practice.

They've assured me as long as I don't bring a Cheytech caliber or .50bmg I'll be fine.
BradZ
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Sender » 08 Jan 2016, 9:21 am

BradZ wrote:They've assured me as long as I don't bring a Cheytech caliber or .50bmg I'll be fine.

Spoilsports :lol:
Sender
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Greg C » 01 Sep 2018, 12:53 pm

Hi BradZ, Just a quick note to say that I am an SSAA Benchrest shooter living in Swan Hill, and that I travel to Marong on most 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month weather permitting.....Greg C
Greg C
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges