Years Old Doesn't Count

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Years Old Doesn't Count

Post by Apollo » 24 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

Just because we get older, doesn't mean we don't enjoy life.

We may not be able to run around the paddock knocking the guts out of Rabbit's etc but some people enjoy the sport of shooting. That's what it's all about is enjoying being a Firearms Owner.

Some, perhaps a lot here know of BRT Shooting Supplies and Stuart / Annie Elliott who are "Hall Of Fame" Target Shooters plus quite active Varmint / Hunters when they find time in any calibre.

Stuart just competed in Portugal as part of the World Rimfire Titles, won 1st Place with his team for Australia, posted the top score as an individual and 2nd outright individual score. Well done Australia....

http://www.benchrestbulletin.net/drupal ... mment-8702

https://www.facebook.com/WorldIRB2016/

And one of those people in the team is one a bit older and had a great time.... Well done Joy...

https://open.abc.net.au/explore/140873

Who says shooting targets is booring..... BFS does.... :sarcasm:
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Years Old Doesn't Count

Post by Baronvonrort » 24 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

We do alright in shooting for me it doesn't matter if they win as long as they enjoy it good luck to them.

This 74 year old was world champ in 2014- www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/shoo ... le/2319010
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Apollo » 24 Jul 2016, 5:31 pm

Yes he was, with Stuart and that team. This is the 2nd time Stuart Elliott has won IRB World...
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 24 Jul 2016, 5:37 pm

Apollo wrote:Yes he was, with Stuart and that team. This is the 2nd time Stuart Elliott has won IRB World...

Any Aussie world champ is entitled to a little gloating. :D
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 24 Jul 2016, 6:09 pm

Thats an awesome result.... congrats to the team!

....any minute now the local media will light up and acknowledge the great outcome for Aussie sports!!..... oh hang on... its gunses, but if only it was organic free range LBGT Kazoo yodeling..
Last edited by <<Genesis93>> on 24 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Jul 2016, 7:22 pm

Well done team and yep it's as boring as bat poop to me :lol: :sarcasm: I notice you're names not there Lindsay, you need to put down the big bangers and start showing em how its done mate. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Apollo » 25 Jul 2016, 1:02 am

Scott, it's not as boring as Clay Target when I'm the one that doesn't like that idea but I end up doing all the pulling...( :thumbsup: tug tug :thumbsup: ) and not a wanker... :unknown: but my Mate and his Son appreciate the effort and really love that side... My mate that I tought, do reloading for etc loves the feeling of winning a National 500m Competition... something I have not done. But hey, it's a team effort. I haven't been tempted yet with the Clay's but watch out... :)

Like in this post, I bet if it wasn't for Annie, Stuart would be lost...perhaps... They are two really top people that well deserve their position in this field of sport.Both are equally as well as each other at International Sport. Hey, what a feeling...!! :clap:

I do pretty well at state rimfire long range level (200 yards) and it's fun with my cheap rabbit gun plus Leupold scope.... ;)

I suppose my point here is just because a few of us are getting old in years, can't stand up to shoot yet alone hold a rifle any more doesn't mean we are any less a person and would love to run around the hills n dales...

Give us a break. Each to their own and what we play we love....

Have a great day.... :thumbsup:
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Supaduke » 25 Jul 2016, 6:33 am

Reminds me of a saying my dear old grandfather had, "Inside every older man is a young man wondering what the hell happened". I like listening to stories from older folk, much to learn from them.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 25 Jul 2016, 7:15 am

Apollo wrote:Scott, it's not as boring as Clay Target when I'm the one that doesn't like that idea but I end up doing all the pulling...( :thumbsup: tug tug :thumbsup: ) and not a wanker... :unknown: but my Mate and his Son appreciate the effort and really love that side... My mate that I tought, do reloading for etc loves the feeling of winning a National 500m Competition... something I have not done. But hey, it's a team effort. I haven't been tempted yet with the Clay's but watch out... :)

Like in this post, I bet if it wasn't for Annie, Stuart would be lost...perhaps... They are two really top people that well deserve their position in this field of sport.Both are equally as well as each other at International Sport. Hey, what a feeling...!! :clap:

I do pretty well at state rimfire long range level (200 yards) and it's fun with my cheap rabbit gun plus Leupold scope.... ;)

I suppose my point here is just because a few of us are getting old in years, can't stand up to shoot yet alone hold a rifle any more doesn't mean we are any less a person and would love to run around the hills n dales...

Give us a break. Each to their own and what we play we love....

Have a great day.... :thumbsup:

Good for you Lindsay, for me shooting paper is boring, sorry if that upsets the paper murderers but it's JMHO (not having a go at anyone by the way) shooting paper just doesn't do it for me anymore :drinks: P.S. I find shooting clays boring too - haven't done it seriously for a good 2yrs now but would rather shoot a few of them than sit and murder paper if I had to choose between the 2. :thumbsup:

PPS I find shooting in general boring these days (it doesn't excite me like it used too) I guess people change and what interests them changes too and I really don't get any pleasure out of reloading like I used too, such is life I guess. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bluerob » 25 Jul 2016, 9:49 am

This aint a "sympathy chasing" or "poor me" post and sorry if its a sidejack.

Age isn't my problem (well, yet....).

I've been deemed "permanently disabled", "never to return to paid employment" and "unemployable" at the age of 43. Happened the day after my birthday and was caused by a neurosurgeon. Yep, I sued, but, if you know anything about the law....well, I just settled on advice of 2 x Barristers. Don't know why I needed 2. A spare maybe.....

Anyways, if it wasn't for my best mate dragging me back to pistol shooting, I don't know where I'd be today. I was once an avid pistol shooter, target rifle and lived in hunters paradise for a few years.

The pistol shooting got me back into target rifle. Started just with my pistol club. I only shoot 50m (that's our longest range) with an Anny .22.

Then I found out about F-Class shooting.

Whilst I've lost alot, I've gained alot (and the local gun dealers....). Met some people who are now great mates of mine.

There are alot of comps that I can't shoot, but, I make the most of what I can.

The point of my post?

If you are currently working, get yourself Income Protection Insurance. Not the junk they sell on TV (gives you 2 years of cover), but, find a good insurance broker who can get you quotes on the policy that covers you to age 65.

Because we are expected to work to 104 now, maybe the Insurers now offer cover to age 70?

Workers Comp aint what it once was (cover wise) and if you're used to having some coin and then basically none, imagine the place you'd be in then?

If it wasn't for income insurance, I would've lost my house, car and probably end up living with mum again....Whilst I love her dearly, that ain't an option. I left when I was 17 and never looked back (had to go home with tail between the legs when "co habitation" with the fairer sex went bad).

I can't say too much (confidentiality agreements), but, don't rely on anyone to finance your life. Pension won't pay for your shooting and lifestyle.

s**t does happen and not only at work.

As for justice. :allegedly: it exists somewhere.....

bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges