SSAA St Marys Pistol Club (NSW) - Members Chat

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: SSAA St Marys Pistol Club (NSW) - Members Chat

Post by brett1868 » 04 Apr 2018, 4:02 pm

pomemax wrote:Can,t work till 10;30 yer I was talking to Brett last night at precision pistol he said he was going .

Didn’t say bye when you left, #notfeelingthelove
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 04 Apr 2018, 9:23 pm

Pomemax, you missed a great night mate. Pre comp we hit Range A with the Coonan 357Mag and some warmish reloads for a little fun. Quite a few lady members were in attendance and we made sure none of them left without putting at least a mag through the Coonan. It's great fun to shoot and seriously accurate but more fun to watch others shoot and see their reactions.
Arisaka managed to top the scoresheet amongst our group and most importantly we all beat Simone :) Guess this is the only time this year I'll out score her so I'm going to savour the victory.
If there's other members of St Mary's Pistol club that want to get into the action then please feel free to msg myself or Wylie27.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 05 Apr 2018, 12:10 am

Sounds like a good night was had by all I did come back to d range but you were busy playing . showing the flagon dragon the pistol safes ,thinking of installing one upstairs
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 05 Apr 2018, 6:45 am

Hahaha i loved how Simone suggested i got into her head! Two matches in a row i have beaten her.. i can retire now!

So much banter on the line, before and after :)

The look on the ladies faces, i bet that smile hadnt dissipated before they got home!

I am sure Simone is buying a CZ Shadow 2 now.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 20 Apr 2018, 11:56 pm

Bloody Wylie27...the Anti Jinx. I took a friend to the range tonight to introduce him to our little social group as he just picked up his first pistol, a G4 Glock 17. I spent maybe 10-15mins with him to get him on paper at 10m, Wylie spent 5 mins and got him grouping 5-6". Since the boy was with me, Wylie filled in as licensed supervisor while I was playing with the pistols. The boy managed his best group of the night under Wylie's tutorage, I'm of the opinion that I may just suck at teaching. The boy shot several clover leaf groups and as per other outings the last 2 groups were him vrs me to see who paid for the ice cream. Needless to say the boy beat me and got his ice cream (don't tell his mum). Tried him out on the Tikka Hipster 6.5 and by his 2nd 3 shot group he was shooting a single ragged hole. I might just have to give up on competitive shooting and live vicariously through my son :)
Another awesome night out with fellow shooters and I'm back out there tomorrow for RSO duties.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Apr 2018, 6:50 am

Hahah i like that, the anti jinx! The boy is a good shooter.. i think the LOP for his .22 maybe a little long lol I just told him to breath and slow down, he works that bolt like its a SMLE in the trenches :)

Was a good night! took the revolver for a good work out. But damn they get dirty! have bought a packet of lead off just to clean the cylinders! Those loads are nice Brett! soft shoot in the revolver and i was hitting the 10 ring at 25.

Glocks, ewww thats the worst trigger i have ever and i mean ever used.. I am surprised i hit the black stuff, way to much concentration on trigger control
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges