SSAA St Marys Pistol Club (NSW) - Members Chat

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: SSAA St Marys Pistol Club (NSW) - Members Chat

Post by Wylie27 » 24 Feb 2018, 2:53 pm

was good to catchup and finally meet pomemax..

Ended up shooting 404/480 for barricades using my CZ. not to bad at all.. I believe its my highest score.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 24 Feb 2018, 3:26 pm

I think it was my worst never shot with left hand before now I know what I need to practice was a good bunch of people bit of chat before hand did you get a reply to your email yet .I was last through the rotation left the range at about 9 I think
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 24 Feb 2018, 3:59 pm

Wylie27 wrote:was good to catchup and finally meet pomemax..

Ended up shooting 404/480 for barricades using my CZ. not to bad at all.. I believe its my highest score.

At least the CZ is a bit more manly :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 24 Feb 2018, 6:31 pm

Your upset because my 22 beat your ruger clone... lol

Pomemax i wont hear till monday at the earliest. 9pm thats insane.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 24 Feb 2018, 10:53 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Your upset because my 22 beat your ruger clone... lol

Pomemax i wont hear till monday at the earliest. 9pm thats insane.

Your 22 didn't beat the "Clone" :lol: You beat me fair and square...no ifs or buts.

Gonna take both of these Monday night...."The tear jerkers"....460XVR makes others cry whereas the BFR makes me cry with its brutality. Would it be too tacticool hipster of me to wear a gel cushioned glove? :D
IMG_4077.jpg
IMG_4077.jpg (137.55 KiB) Viewed 7436 times
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 25 Feb 2018, 8:10 am

Would be very hipster.

Dont forget to vape while shooting too and have a deconstricted almond milk latte after
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 26 Feb 2018, 10:37 pm

I can report that the glove helped a lot....now to see if I can get one with silver sequins :)

I shot 5/5 on the first target using a rest, to make it a bit more challenging I was only scoring the head shots. That was a bit too easy so I alternated from using the rest to shooting standing. Boy was giving me grief about getting home to do his homework so I rattled off the remaining 25 rounds in quick fashion for a total of 25/40 which is way off my PB of 38/40. Had some fun, boy got his 2nd Novice attendance ticked off and I got one for my high cal :)
I also tested the new ADI APS450 powder in the CZ....ill post pics of the groups tomorrow night.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 08 Mar 2018, 7:18 am

Last night was rimfire silhouette and it was a lot of fun.

I shot my highest score 24/40 and i believe i won the night. Although some say i was bending the rules. Lol

Good night with Brett1868, arasaka and Simone. Was fun shooting Bretts 686 revolvers and CZ. Means no cleaning for me :)

The whole competition is just fun, its one of the more relaxed shoots where the fun police havent ruined it. So much payout, joke telling and hilarity! Cant wait for next months shoot!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 08 Mar 2018, 8:54 am

Had a ball last night, managed a respectable 20/40 for equal 2nd place with Simone and teased arasaka a bit for being anti social. The best fun was after the comp, we moved over to range B and let the young lady loose with a 4" 686, 6" 686, CZ SP01, Volquartsen 22, Volquartsen upgraded Ruger 22. Wylie did a good job of introducing the young lady to the joys of shooting something a little bigger then a 22 and I'm sure she's out shopping for her next pistol this morning. Last night was good fun, shared a few laughs and what a great way to finish off hump day.
I got evicted from the range @ 10pm, apparently the staff have homes to go to.... :lol:

On a slightly different topic...
The lady who runs the pistol club office, who also shoots with us told me that she had received 2 calls from people asking why there was a very small child being allowed to shoot pistols last week and how could this be allowed. Even the range staff have been questioned more then once about the same child being allowed to shoot rifles. Surely the dumbasses must realise that he's been verified by both the police and range staff before being allowed on the range. I wonder what these asshats would say if they knew he was licensed to shoot high caliber pistols and is entered in this years FCSA Australian 50BMG titles :lol:
He hasn't developed small man syndrome yet but he's getting pissed about constantly having to prove to people how old he is. I told him that he should just tell people he's 8 but because he's so smart he skipped 4 grades :) Might have to scan his birth certificate and get it printed on a T-Shirt just to shut them up.

Here's the small child they are questioning the age of...
IMG_3988.jpg
IMG_3988.jpg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 08 Mar 2018, 5:11 pm

Lol yes she did have a lot of fun... i bet she is shopping for 3 guns now lol.

Really they were complaining about the boy? Wtf. Of course they would check his age ffs.

Wonder if there has been a report to the FAR yet.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 04 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

Chicken smashing tonight aka rimfire silhouette!

Pomemax are you coming? Brett1868 and arisaka will be there.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 04 Apr 2018, 11:49 am

Can,t work till 10;30 yer I was talking to Brett last night at precision pistol he said he was going .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 04 Apr 2018, 4:02 pm

pomemax wrote:Can,t work till 10;30 yer I was talking to Brett last night at precision pistol he said he was going .

Didn’t say bye when you left, #notfeelingthelove
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 04 Apr 2018, 9:23 pm

Pomemax, you missed a great night mate. Pre comp we hit Range A with the Coonan 357Mag and some warmish reloads for a little fun. Quite a few lady members were in attendance and we made sure none of them left without putting at least a mag through the Coonan. It's great fun to shoot and seriously accurate but more fun to watch others shoot and see their reactions.
Arisaka managed to top the scoresheet amongst our group and most importantly we all beat Simone :) Guess this is the only time this year I'll out score her so I'm going to savour the victory.
If there's other members of St Mary's Pistol club that want to get into the action then please feel free to msg myself or Wylie27.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 05 Apr 2018, 12:10 am

Sounds like a good night was had by all I did come back to d range but you were busy playing . showing the flagon dragon the pistol safes ,thinking of installing one upstairs
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 05 Apr 2018, 6:45 am

Hahaha i loved how Simone suggested i got into her head! Two matches in a row i have beaten her.. i can retire now!

So much banter on the line, before and after :)

The look on the ladies faces, i bet that smile hadnt dissipated before they got home!

I am sure Simone is buying a CZ Shadow 2 now.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 20 Apr 2018, 11:56 pm

Bloody Wylie27...the Anti Jinx. I took a friend to the range tonight to introduce him to our little social group as he just picked up his first pistol, a G4 Glock 17. I spent maybe 10-15mins with him to get him on paper at 10m, Wylie spent 5 mins and got him grouping 5-6". Since the boy was with me, Wylie filled in as licensed supervisor while I was playing with the pistols. The boy managed his best group of the night under Wylie's tutorage, I'm of the opinion that I may just suck at teaching. The boy shot several clover leaf groups and as per other outings the last 2 groups were him vrs me to see who paid for the ice cream. Needless to say the boy beat me and got his ice cream (don't tell his mum). Tried him out on the Tikka Hipster 6.5 and by his 2nd 3 shot group he was shooting a single ragged hole. I might just have to give up on competitive shooting and live vicariously through my son :)
Another awesome night out with fellow shooters and I'm back out there tomorrow for RSO duties.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Apr 2018, 6:50 am

Hahah i like that, the anti jinx! The boy is a good shooter.. i think the LOP for his .22 maybe a little long lol I just told him to breath and slow down, he works that bolt like its a SMLE in the trenches :)

Was a good night! took the revolver for a good work out. But damn they get dirty! have bought a packet of lead off just to clean the cylinders! Those loads are nice Brett! soft shoot in the revolver and i was hitting the 10 ring at 25.

Glocks, ewww thats the worst trigger i have ever and i mean ever used.. I am surprised i hit the black stuff, way to much concentration on trigger control
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges