Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Post by Hilux2003 » 08 Sep 2016, 9:05 pm

Recently I received a personal email suggesting I/we should post about upcoming events/match's & range info.

Not sure how to take this, as some time back (last year, I think) I did post about a "Weekender/Fly shoot" at my local range & the whole post got removed very shortly after, so since then I have not bothered about this site as it appeared that I or the content/ events were/ was not welcome.

If this has changed I would like to post quite a few events BUT will not waste my time again it they are just going to be "canned" shortly after I post.

My continued registration on here will depend on any answer I receive or get banned, etc.
This is not sarcasm, just a real question for the management.

regards,
Hilux.
Hilux2003
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: new posts re matchs

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Sep 2016, 9:19 pm

You might get more joy sending a pm to one of the admins.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Strikey » 08 Sep 2016, 10:06 pm

I have to say I enjoyed reading your posts about the events and goings-on at your club and if ever I am down that way would like to drop in, the forum get togethers that were organised showed some real initiative to bring people together and introduce new shooters to some different styles of shooting in a casual environment and isn't that what it should be? What harm can be done using a forum to inform others who may be interested?
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Sep 2016, 11:11 pm

Stikes me as odd that it was deleted. Yeh send an email to one of the buys.
Perhaps if its popular an additional section/topic can be created. Club or range news or whatever.

Slightly off topic. We currently have "hunting, fishing,camping" in one section. I thougt it might be a good idea to split hunting from camping and fishing. Wnat are peoples and admins thoughts?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: New posts RE: matches

Post by Aster » 30 Nov 2016, 11:16 am

Hi Hilux,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just stumbling across this now. Whether or not you'll be back to check this I don't know but here it is.

I couldn't tell you why a post was removed from a year ago as the logs don't go back that far.

I don't know what time "shortly" represents but my thought on why the post might have been removed is because the event had passed? In general there isn't much point having a growing collection of topics promoting polls / events / matches etc. which have since been removed, closed, or ended. It may have been removed for this reason.

As far as future promotion goes (this applies to everyone of course, not directing any barbs at you here):

If people are regular participants in the forum I don't mind a little plug here and there. Several regular contributors have tested the waters here for ideas like rifle stock fabrication, backpacks, hunting/camping service ideas etc. and while it's kept at a sensible quantity and amongst regular conversation that's fine.

If people are only posting when they want to promote their own venue / event / product, and not contributing elsewhere, that's not in the spirit of what I'm offering.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges