Perth - rifle range - practice anytime?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Perth - rifle range - practice anytime?

Post by Clintinoz » 09 Sep 2016, 2:17 am

Hi all, this is my first post :) , great forum!
Please forgive me if this has been posted before but the last thread I found was from 2014...

So I am planning to get my .22lr via property letter and wondering if there's any ranges in perth that allow you to visit most days of the week for a practice. I don't mind paying membership fees etc but not keen on being an active member just yet... Just after access to a range.. ;)

I'm south of the river if anyone has any reccomendations.

Cheers
Clintinoz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Perth - rifle range - practice anytime?

Post by colinbentley » 21 Oct 2016, 7:07 pm

Just to make you feel bad.........I've just moved to Mildura in the northwest of Victoria and to my utter disbelief the local SSAA range is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Last two visits I have had the range to myself. A little different to Little River where I used to shoot 12 years ago......that was only on Sunday ! How about you move to Mildura . I'd love some company.
colinbentley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tonit » 27 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

Don't know about Perth ranges but welcome to the forum mate :)
.22-250 Howa Thumbhole Varminter + Weaver Classic 4-20x50
.308 Howa Hunter + Weaver Classic 2-10x50
Tonit
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 27 Oct 2016, 2:54 pm

colinbentley wrote:Just to make you feel bad.........I've just moved to Mildura in the northwest of Victoria and to my utter disbelief the local SSAA range is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Last two visits I have had the range to myself. A little different to Little River where I used to shoot 12 years ago......that was only on Sunday ! How about you move to Mildura . I'd love some company.

Wow!
I'm definitely dropping in next time I'm up that way :-)
My local here is 2.5 hours drive each way and open two days per month :-(
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by knowsnothin » 27 Oct 2016, 8:32 pm

Midland gunstore has a 25 meter underground range. you need to book but open to anyone.

Wannaroo shooting complex is open to members 7am to 10pm 7 days. But you will have to join a club and sit out a waiting period of several months.
This weeds out the idiots

Welcome
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Clintinoz » 31 Oct 2016, 9:43 am

That's it...moving to Mildura... haha
Thanks for the replies and yeah will go check out midland and wanneroo, underground range seems interesting.
Clintinoz
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges