Rimfire Metallic Silhouette targets

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Rimfire Metallic Silhouette targets

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Mar 2017, 8:03 am

Hey Brett, there is about a ten week lead time with the ATF paperwork. It is worthwhile getting it organised even if there is a chance that you won't travel, it is easier to cancel than get in short order. I got caught out last year due to having to have two lots of shoulder surgery, I wasn't sure if I would be able to shoot and by the time I worked out that I could it was too late to get the U.S permit. Luckily I had a generous mate over there that loaned me rifles for the event. The Aussie paperwork can be done in the last month before you travel, if you already have a CCID number.
We fly into Dallas 21st June and plan on getting to Raton on the 2nd July as I will be calling the line at the CLAS Nationals the week before I shoot the BPCR Silhouette Nationals.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Re: Rimfire Metallic Silhouette targets

Post by brett1868 » 02 Mar 2017, 9:47 am

Gamerancher wrote:Hey Brett, there is about a ten week lead time with the ATF paperwork. It is worthwhile getting it organised even if there is a chance that you won't travel, it is easier to cancel than get in short order. I got caught out last year due to having to have two lots of shoulder surgery, I wasn't sure if I would be able to shoot and by the time I worked out that I could it was too late to get the U.S permit. Luckily I had a generous mate over there that loaned me rifles for the event. The Aussie paperwork can be done in the last month before you travel, if you already have a CCID number.
We fly into Dallas 21st June and plan on getting to Raton on the 2nd July as I will be calling the line at the CLAS Nationals the week before I shoot the BPCR Silhouette Nationals.

Excellent info, much appreciated the heads up on the lead times. I spoke to Paul Cohrs couple days ago and he's going to let me know all the details about where I can ship the rifle as I'll want it there at least a week before I arrive. The biggest hurdle has given me her approval to attend so ill get into the paperwork this week. Do you have any links to ATF with what I need to do? I'm not looking forward to the shipping bill as just the barrel / action was $1080 USD for airfreight to Sydney. Can't imagine how much for return shipping fully configured and boxed at 40-50kgs will be...I'll contact you privately closer to the date to organise a catch up over there rather then hijack this thread further.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges