Perth place like SSAA Ipswich branch

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Perth place like SSAA Ipswich branch

Post by Fawkes » 30 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

Hi guys

Long time lurker, first time poster, love the forums and the discussions!

I'm currently getting into clay shooting and recently went over to Queensland for a catchup with mates and went out for a shoot (they are long time LAFOs). They took me to the SSAA Ipswich branch out in Ripley and we had an absolute blast! We had a play on the manual clay launchers then took their various rifles over to the ranch next to the clay field.

I was wondering if there's a place like that in Perth? I'm looking at a 223 calibre rifle (not too sure which one yet) but I don't really want to be a member of multiple clubs that are miles apart.

Thanks for any info :)

Fawkes
Fawkes
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Perth place like SSAA Ipswich branch

Post by Gamerancher » 30 Mar 2017, 2:14 pm

There's a bunch of ranges for different uses up at Wanneroo.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Fawkes » 30 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

Cheers for the quick reply! Do you need to be a member or can ya just rock up and have a shoot at each?
Fawkes
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 30 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

Dunno. I shot a silhouette nationals there back in 2014. A few of the other blokes from the east coast, that stayed there for a couple of weeks, talked about shooting other events and ranges. One shoot that they all really enjoyed was a long range "hunting rifle" shoot that involved shooting at various printed animal targets at various distances, sort of like a centre-fire field target event.
It is a pretty large complex with a few different clubs involved. In my experience most clubs / ranges are pretty welcoming to new shooters, if you strike one that isn't, walk away.
Look up Wanneroo Shooting Complex, the website has links to all of the 10 different clubs that shoot there.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges