When was the last time you scoped yourself?

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: When was the last time you scoped yourself?

Post by Cooper » 18 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

I've done it. I am a bleeder. Head wounds usually bleed a lot anyway. Looked worse than it was because of the amount of blood. Didn't need any stitches and it heeled up pretty good.
Cooper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Mitch@Ripley » 21 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

My mum is the biggest anti...took her to one of my rimfire comps, I decided I'd have a shot of our .308 straigh after 200 rounds of .22 ...yeah didn't really help her opinion of guns.

She still refuses to touch them but I have learned to adjust to it quickly now lol.
Mitch@Ripley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 17 Apr 2018, 9:58 pm

I am a regular wearer of the Weatherby eyebrow, so much so that my work colleagues think I go to Fight Club. It is not just my 378 WM or 460WM that have tagged me but a friends CZ 550 chambered in 450 Rigby and a Ruger #1 in the mild mannered 450/400 Jeffery. A penalty for being tall I guess.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 18 Apr 2018, 10:05 pm

on_one_wheel wrote::lol: A mate of mine handed a work mate of ours a .223 for a shot and asked "you've shot before hey?" Work mate said "yep sure have" chambered a round, put the stock into his shoulder and held his eye socket hard up against the scope .... just a my mate was thinking "what's he doing?" and before he could say anythingthing ... BANG ! got him a beauty, blood and all.

I missed the fun but saw the aftermath. It was a decent cut about 1 cm long and a slight black eye :lol:

Mate of mine did exactly the same thing with my 223 one night lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by FuzzyM » 25 Jun 2018, 8:11 pm

bigpete wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote::lol: A mate of mine handed a work mate of ours a .223 for a shot and asked "you've shot before hey?" Work mate said "yep sure have" chambered a round, put the stock into his shoulder and held his eye socket hard up against the scope .... just a my mate was thinking "what's he doing?" and before he could say anythingthing ... BANG ! got him a beauty, blood and all.

I missed the fun but saw the aftermath. It was a decent cut about 1 cm long and a slight black eye :lol:

Mate of mine did exactly the same thing with my 223 one night lol

My mate also did the same with my 223!
Turns out he had only used stuff with irons.....
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 25 Jun 2018, 8:26 pm

Never
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Noisydad » 25 Jun 2018, 9:42 pm

Saw it happen. Next morning I cooked him breakfast - bacon and two eggs arranged on the plate in a smiley face....with squirt of tomato sauce around the top of one of the eggs lol.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 25 Jun 2018, 11:47 pm

Noisydad wrote:Saw it happen. Next morning I cooked him breakfast - bacon and two eggs arranged on the plate in a smiley face....with squirt of tomato sauce around the top of one of the eggs lol.

That's awesome, did he see the funny side ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Rod_outbak » 26 Jun 2018, 6:18 am

18 months ago, with my 7mm-08. Had a bad/hurried rest on the back of the vehicle, and didnt notice how close my face was to the scope.
Pulled the trigger, and regretted it...
I'm on blood thinners, so bled like a stuck pig, even though it was a cm long cut at best.

Ended up having a muzzle brake fitted as a result, and really glad I was prompted to do it.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 26 Jun 2018, 9:19 am

darwindingo wrote:
Noisydad wrote:Saw it happen. Next morning I cooked him breakfast - bacon and two eggs arranged on the plate in a smiley face....with squirt of tomato sauce around the top of one of the eggs lol.

That's awesome, did he see the funny side ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Ummm eventually lol
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 26 Jun 2018, 3:05 pm

Nope... never happened... yet...

Sounds like we share a similar sense of humour, Noisy! :lol: :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges