Cool shooting targets

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Cool shooting targets

Post by sneaker » 09 Nov 2017, 2:50 pm

What's your guys favorite fun shooting target?

Shooting rings get boring fast sometimes for me.

I got a pizza target to shoot the toppings off last week. And a couple of pumpkin ones for halloween :mrgreen:

What targets do you guys like for fun?
sneaker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Cool shooting targets

Post by juststarting » 09 Nov 2017, 5:35 pm

Cheap bottles of softdrink
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Nov 2017, 5:37 pm

Fur.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 09 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

Project Managers, Solution Designers, Architects....anyone that uses the word "Robust" in the same sentence as "solution".
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 09 Nov 2017, 7:02 pm

I thought you were an architect, Brett? Though you sound more like a PM.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by simmo » 09 Nov 2017, 10:47 pm

Old nokia mobile phones set up at 300m against my .260Rem...challenging and satisfying :lol:
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm

Now for a more appropriate answer....Butane cans next to an open flame are awesome. Buy a 4 pack at Bunnings for $4.25, set one up in proximity to a naked flame or camp fire, get back some distance and shoot with a .204. Bullet hits can, can explodes, fire lights gas and massive fireball erupts :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 09 Nov 2017, 11:48 pm

brett1868 wrote:Now for a more appropriate answer....Butane cans next to an open flame are awesome. Buy a 4 pack at Bunnings for $4.25, set one up in proximity to a naked flame or camp fire, get back some distance and shoot with a .204. Bullet hits can, can explodes, fire lights gas and massive fireball erupts :)

Yeah thats cool and all but I expect more from you Brett, I'm kinda disappointed in you right now ,,,,,, I would have expected something more like an 8.5kg gas bottle at the very least from you.. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Daddybang » 10 Nov 2017, 7:07 am

Cheap tins of diced tomatoes or shaving cream get a good reaction!! :lol: :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Archie » 10 Nov 2017, 7:32 am

brett1868 wrote:Project Managers, Solution Designers, Architects....anyone that uses the word "Robust" in the same sentence as "solution".

Synergy.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 10 Nov 2017, 7:43 am

He is looking for a robust solution to fun targets Brett,

Surely you can provide him a robust, repeatable solution that interfaces to hybrid private cloud at reasonable cost.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 10 Nov 2017, 8:26 am

Wylie27 wrote:He is looking for a robust solution to fun targets Brett,

Surely you can provide him a robust, repeatable solution that interfaces to hybrid private cloud at reasonable cost.

You Sir, just made the list :D

To steal an idea from Mongrel, Golf balls hung from a branch with fishing line are fun with a 22 or air rifle. Just drill a small hole and screw in a small eye to tie the line to.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wobble » 10 Nov 2017, 11:36 am

Download a bunch from the post that the mods put up in the target shooting forum here.

It's punching paper, but lots of variety on targets.
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 10 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

[quote]Yeah thats cool and all but I expect more from you Brett, I'm kinda disappointed in you right now ,,,,,, I would have expected something more like an 8.5kg gas bottle at the very least from you.. /quote]

Challenge accepted :) Next time I get bush, providing there's no risk of starting a bush fire I'll hit one with the .416 Barrett.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 10 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

brett1868 wrote:
Yeah thats cool and all but I expect more from you Brett, I'm kinda disappointed in you right now ,,,,,, I would have expected something more like an 8.5kg gas bottle at the very least from you.. /quote]

Challenge accepted :) Next time I get bush, providing there's no risk of starting a bush fire I'll hit one with the .416 Barrett.

8-) Now ya talking mate, the .416 should do the trick :D :thumbsup: Wouldn't mind seeing some footage of it if at all possible... 8-) :lol: :mrgreen: :drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Wylie27 » 11 Nov 2017, 11:12 am

brett1868 wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:He is looking for a robust solution to fun targets Brett,

Surely you can provide him a robust, repeatable solution that interfaces to hybrid private cloud at reasonable c

You Sir, just made the list :D

Robust, repeatable and scalable solution that brings synergy to the target hybrid private cloud solution at a reasonable cost. While Integrating various targets solutions while and maintaining high level of robustness.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by GLS_1956 » 11 Nov 2017, 12:46 pm

Reactive targets are always fun, I like the Do-all brand. Cookies and crackers make for fun, as do bottles of water or balloons. If you really want to frustrate your self hang some like a heavy nut or bolt from a frame and try shooting the string.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges