Looking for a range in perth WA

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Looking for a range in perth WA

Post by CRAWLEN » 10 Dec 2017, 7:51 pm

Hi Guys new to the forum here.

Im looking at joining a club/range so i can get out shooting more as im lucky now to get out once every few months. so looking for somewhere around midland/mundaring will go a bit further if i have to. as im looking for at least a club with a 1000m range or close to ( if one even exists in perth ) as i currently shoot 308 from a tikka ctr but mid next year will be purchasing a longrange/tactical rifle in 7mm rem mag or 300 win mag. as i want to get in to long range shooting and practical shooting. ( please guys i don't want an argument on why do i want a magnum when 308 is fine. as i have my reasons)
any suggestion and emails to contact clubs would be much appreciated.
CRAWLEN
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Looking for a range in perth WA

Post by duncan61 » 10 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm

google perth field rifle club.I met some guys at the Dowerin 1000yrd shoot that shot there and claimed it was good
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Rifle realist » 10 Dec 2017, 11:12 pm

The Mundaring and Chidlow clubs both shoot at the Chidlow range.They shoot full bore target and f class.
Western Australian Rifle Association.
Chidlow Captain is Steven 0419959049 crcinperth@gmail.com
Hope this helps
Sako quad .22 WMR 3-9X40 Leupold VXI
Anchutz 1430-1434 .22 Hornet 4 X 40 Bushnell
Sako 85 Varmint .260 Rem 4.5-14X50 Leupold VXIII
Sako 85 Hunter .338 Win Mag 3.5-10X40 Leupold VXIII
Marlin 1895 45/70
Assorted .22s & Shotguns
Rifle realist
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by CRAWLEN » 11 Dec 2017, 12:03 am

cheers for that guys, will get in contact with chidlow and also just got recommended the Mundaring marksmen association.
the chidlow and Mundaring range do you guys know the range lengths ? and if there is caliber restrictions ?
as i was talking to an old mate and he mentioned that Wanneroo has a 1000yard or 1000m range, was thinking is it possible to be apart of 2 clubs or not
CRAWLEN
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 11 Dec 2017, 12:52 am

Join every club you wish too.We are well catered for in the F class and optical catagories.I have a 7mm Rem Mag and have a go at target shooting every now and then.When I lived in Bunbury I would go to the Coolilup range near Busselton and do the 900 metre.168gn Sierras make it easy in 7mm,There was a chap trying to get a .223 to go that far but wind was a big issue with 80gn pills.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by CRAWLEN » 11 Dec 2017, 11:09 pm

duncan61 wrote:Join every club you wish too.We are well catered for in the F class and optical catagories.I have a 7mm Rem Mag and have a go at target shooting every now and then.When I lived in Bunbury I would go to the Coolilup range near Busselton and do the 900 metre.168gn Sierras make it easy in 7mm,There was a chap trying to get a .223 to go that far but wind was a big issue with 80gn pills.

where do you shoot at now ?
CRAWLEN
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 12 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm

Have you tried the clubs at Wanneroo? There are various clubs at the complex shooting anything from pistols, lever action, field rifle, silhouette through to big-game.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by TRG » 18 Dec 2017, 1:31 pm

Gday Mate,
Mundaring Marks Man has a 300meter range and is an excellent venue,
Wanneroo metallic silhouette club has 550m range is also good club there is a few there to checkout you must be member of the SSAA to join either of these.

WARA become member of association and you can shoot events at any club around WA but you must be a financial member of a WARA club Childlow mun daring, Beverley, Byford. Best way forward is to research the club on the net and then make contact with registrar or Club capt whom will explain the process.
Hope that helps
TRG
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by CRAWLEN » 21 Jan 2018, 1:02 am

TRG wrote:Gday Mate,
Mundaring Marks Man has a 300meter range and is an excellent venue,
Wanneroo metallic silhouette club has 550m range is also good club there is a few there to checkout you must be member of the SSAA to join either of these.

WARA become member of association and you can shoot events at any club around WA but you must be a financial member of a WARA club Childlow mun daring, Beverley, Byford. Best way forward is to research the club on the net and then make contact with registrar or Club capt whom will explain the process.
Hope that helps

Cheers for that mate

have been looking at mundaring marks man. thought they had close to 800m range but deffs looking to join there as its close to where i live.

also looking at chidlow rifle range. if its any good plus its right next door to mundaring marks man.
just need to find somewhere i can get close to 1000m in perth area
CRAWLEN
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Rikta » 21 Jan 2018, 1:57 am

last time I inquired about somewhere to shoot casually in the metro region I was fast reminded why I stay 1000000000000000 miles away from clubs and the stupidity within, thankfully I have more than ample places to shoot without the need for clubs. others tho aren't so lucky I guess.
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Gregg » 25 Jan 2018, 12:59 pm

Rikta wrote:I was fast reminded why I stay 1000000000000000 miles away from clubs

That far? WA is bigger than I thought :lol:
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges