Alternatives to Belmont QLD

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Alternatives to Belmont QLD

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 08 Jul 2019, 9:52 pm

andreweden wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Seems they are loving making new rules for the sake of it.

Then again what else would you expect :unknown: :wtf: :thumbsdown:

How the F@#K do they expect to grow the sport with bullsh@t like that :thumbsdown:

It’s about power.
If you want to ‘trigger’ them, ask about 5.7x28 ammunition and the dripping blood font on their signs.[/quote]

??? Care to elaborate
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 09 Jul 2019, 9:25 pm

Well bugger me, I've shot at Belmont several times and haven't had any problems or run into "remove bolt, drop mag" stuff.

Next time I'm at Belmont, I'll keep a eye out for the blood dripping signs - never noticed them before.

It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive each way for me too, on a good day!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Apollo » 10 Jul 2019, 12:42 am

RoginaJack wrote:Well bugger me, I've shot at Belmont several times and haven't had any problems or run into "remove bolt, drop mag" stuff.

Next time I'm at Belmont, I'll keep a eye out for the blood dripping signs - never noticed them before.

It's about a 1 1/2 hour drive each way for me too, on a good day!

Well, bugger me. Safety first at any range I have ever been up to shooting in National Competition the rule after "Cease Fire" is "Remove Bolts" "Step back behind the line" "Range Clear, Target Crew Move Forward"... If you are allowed to have a Magazine in the firearm then remove magazine is typical of anything that is not a single shot firearm.

If the target crew and/or any person is out on the range and you step over that yellow line to your firearm then you'll get rapped on the knuckles yet alone turfed off the range.

Never been to Belmont but these days it looks like a brilliant facility to use.
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by perentie » 10 Jul 2019, 7:46 am

Nice 1000 yd range at Wondai. Its QRA but used by SSAA and Queensland Shooters Union.
Another at Kilkivan and Biggenden but getting a bit far from Brisbane but OK for northern shooters.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges