Fund Raising For Rifle Range

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: Fund Raising For Rifle Range

Post by Gwion » 08 May 2018, 6:55 pm

Sumo wrote:Qwion, not sure how far from civilisation you are, but I think the best opportunity for shooting clubs to make money is not from members, but from holding corporate shoots. These are not just come and try days, but are targeted at businesses. Put on a feed at the end and open the bar (or esky) and earn some coin. I have shot at a few corporate days (pistol, clays and rifle) where there are 20 blokes being charged $80 + food + bevvies. Some clubs in the big cities run these nearly daily.

Cheers.

Great idea, Sumo. Worth looking into, for sure. Great for the sport's PR and recruitment, as well.
And totally agree, fund raising efforts outside of club circles is the only way to go, really.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by pete1 » 08 May 2018, 8:07 pm

I've seen raffling for a gun. but make it Australia wide so more people will contribute. If you can get a sponsor like Nioa to donate a gun for free.would be even better. Would be a bit of legal work around that one though, but they did if for pistol club that burnt down in VIC.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 May 2018, 8:27 pm

Gwion wrote:
bentaz wrote:What about a "go fund me" campaign? You could incorporate a competition / raffle prize into it for the donators, hopefully with some donated prizes.
With a good Facebook campaign that could put you in connection to 1000's or even 10,000's of people.

I like this. mate. Could work very well with Brett's "naming rights" suggestion, which has been discussed at the club before for sponsorship. I also like Brett's idea of the two headed shooting bench but I'm not sure how the locals would think of it! :lol: Maybe a double binocular stand fitted out side the club house! :lol:

oh.... I'm gonna be in trouble.... :clap: :unknown: :thumbsup:

It's come to my attention that the US organisation running go fund me take 7.5% of the total raised, plus 30 cents per donation............ Taking good local money and sending it overseas doesn't sit well with me
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 08 May 2018, 9:51 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:
Gwion wrote:
bentaz wrote:What about a "go fund me" campaign? You could incorporate a competition / raffle prize into it for the donators, hopefully with some donated prizes.
With a good Facebook campaign that could put you in connection to 1000's or even 10,000's of people.

I like this. mate. Could work very well with Brett's "naming rights" suggestion, which has been discussed at the club before for sponsorship. I also like Brett's idea of the two headed shooting bench but I'm not sure how the locals would think of it! :lol: Maybe a double binocular stand fitted out side the club house! :lol:

oh.... I'm gonna be in trouble.... :clap: :unknown: :thumbsup:

It's come to my attention that the US organisation running go fund me take 7.5% of the total raised, plus 30 cents per donation............ Taking good local money and sending it overseas doesn't sit well with me

There are plenty of other crowd funding platforms, though...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 May 2018, 10:24 pm

Probably, it's not something I'm overly familiar with
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 10 May 2018, 9:10 pm

brett1868 wrote:.Being that this is Tasmania I'm hoping to see the Left & Right head bench rest benches :)

:lol: That was just magic. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges