My current Walk & Pokk rifle..

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

My current Walk & Pokk rifle..

Post by Rod_outbak » 11 Jul 2018, 6:46 pm

I'm using this as mpart of my weight-loss regime; I walk about 2.5 kms each day with this rifle, and a tripod to rest it on.

Ruger Precision Rifle(Gen 2), in .308 Win.
20" Barrel
Seekins Precision Ambi Safety
Timney Trigger
Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 MOAR Illum. Reticle
APA "Fat Bastard' muzzle brake.

In this photo, it sports my Versa-Pod Picatinny Adapter spud and associated bipod.(Removes in a few seconds)

Currently running Hornady SST 125Gn hand-loads. (Fairly certain it's 49gns of AR2208, but dont have my reloading notes to hand)
I'm yet to chrono them, but I'm pretty sure they are departing at around 3000fps.
[Holdovers seem to be consistent with this].
I have to say; it certainly speaks with authority...

Yesterday, I had some visitors drop in, and we went out in the wagon for a prowl. We had a long afternoon; pink-misting grasshoppers (out to a max of around 400 yards).
Thought I was going to have to frisk both visitors before they departed; one wanted to be off with the RPR, and his dad was prone to clutching the 7mm-08 Tikka with a possessive eye...
An excellent day had by all, and I'm really happy with how this rifle is turning out..
Attachments
DSCN2268 (2).JPG
DSCN2268 (2).JPG (247.11 KiB) Viewed 1775 times
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: My current Walk & Pokk rifle..

Post by Stix » 11 Jul 2018, 6:51 pm

Nice looking home gym set Rod... :thumbsup:
Maybe one day ill get up there & we can exercise together eh...!??!! :P

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Rod_outbak » 11 Jul 2018, 6:56 pm

Stix,
Your welcome to come exercise some time, but remember it's strictly BYO Cats around here...
[Probably not wise to stand near them; either..]

Cheers,

Rod.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 11 Jul 2018, 7:53 pm

Rod_outbak wrote:Stix,
Your welcome to come exercise some time, but remember it's strictly BYO Cats around here...
[Probably not wise to stand near them; either..]

Cheers,

Rod.

:lol:
Is that because you re greedy & shoot them all yourself...?

The only cat that will ever get in my car is the fur hide of the monster i got last time (its in the pickle now)...
Ill bring it up to show you.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 11 Jul 2018, 7:56 pm

Yeah that's heavier than my home gym set, but just lately I've been carrying my son's stuff as well which has upped the ante
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by in2anity » 12 Jul 2018, 3:17 pm

It feels good completing a trek with a varmint rifle, it really does, heck the big dudes in a section get lumped with a 16kg GP; makes us look like a bunch of pussies - but once I went back to something lighter (like I used when I was a kid), I really found it difficult to justify the added weight of a heavy rifle (when on foot). For example, If I'm out walking for rabbits, I take literally the lightest rifle I own - a whippy little single-shot sportco 22 with a lightweight scopeand a box of subs in my pocket - far from a target rifle (and I own plenty of target rifles don’t you worry!), but easily enough accuracy to headshot bunnies inside 50m - that's all I need. If I’m wanting/expecting bigger game, I take the lightest possible gun I have that has just enough punch to get the job done - usually a sporter 204. Gotta love the 204.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles