Howa help

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Howa help

Post by Blutius Maximus » 02 Aug 2018, 2:40 pm

I can only speak for myself and you're right BFS, it doesn't matter so much for hunting and as long as your rifle is minute of deer accurate for deer, that's fine.
I also like the precision aspect of it though. I want to see how much I can get out of a rifle and out of myself.
For some it's the challenge the matters. The thrill of the chase, so to speak. At the end of the day, does it matter? No. As long as you enjoy yourself, it's money and time well spent.

Spending a day at the range every now and again is enjoyable for me too. It'd want to be, it's a long drive from Melb's East to Eagle Park for me.

Am I going to do that sort of thing to the same extent with my Winchester94 30-30? Nope, but I'll still do something to get the best out of that one, for what I want it to do, too.
Blutius Maximus
Private
Private

-

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Aug 2018, 3:13 pm

Jäger wrote:I can only speak for myself and you're right BFS, it doesn't matter so much for hunting and as long as your rifle is minute of deer accurate for deer, that's fine.
I also like the precision aspect of it though. I want to see how much I can get out of a rifle and out of myself.
For some it's the challenge the matters. The thrill of the chase, so to speak. At the end of the day, does it matter? No. As long as you enjoy yourself, it's money and time well spent.

Spending a day at the range every now and again is enjoyable for me too. It'd want to be, it's a long drive from Melb's East to Eagle Park for me.

Am I going to do that sort of thing to the same extent with my Winchester94 30-30? Nope, but I'll still do something to get the best out of that one, for what I want it to do, too.

Yeah that's it mate, do what works for you but don't worry about this 1/2 moa bs it's really not that important for most hunting apps, might be important if you are trying to take bunny heads off at .5km but the reality most don't even come close to those sorts of ranges when it comes to normal hunting apps, don't spend your time wasting ammo and barrel life just get out and use em for their intended purpose, leave the barrel burning to the paper punchers I say. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Cal-ApeR » 02 Aug 2018, 9:14 pm

Jäger wrote:I can only speak for myself and you're right BFS, it doesn't matter so much for hunting and as long as your rifle is minute of deer accurate for deer, that's fine.

Exactly my thoughts. Probably be a different story if I was on a farm but I don't get the chance to hunt as often. The range is the next best thing. I will admit though I try not to do as much bench anymore and try and focus on free hand shooting. Each to their own but I do agree, you certainly don't need sub MOA to knock over ferals.
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles