Lithgow 243 added recall

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Lithgow 243 added recall

Post by Cryptic » 30 Aug 2018, 2:41 pm

Just found an update on the safety recall list for the 243 now as well.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/lithgow-arms-la102-crossover-rifle-223-and-243-calibre
Cryptic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Lithgow 243 added recall

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2018, 2:47 pm

It just going from bad to worse for Lithgow by the sounds of things!!! :thumbsdown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 30 Aug 2018, 2:55 pm

Sounds like the old "Buy Australian! Nobody else will!" slogans we had decades back.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 30 Aug 2018, 3:02 pm

bladeracer wrote:Sounds like the old "Buy Australian! Nobody else will!" slogans we had decades back.

Yeah but the barrels are made offshore so it's not a problem with Australian quality.... :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2018, 3:22 pm

brett1868 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Sounds like the old "Buy Australian! Nobody else will!" slogans we had decades back.

Yeah but the barrels are made offshore so it's not a problem with Australian quality.... :lol:

That's one way of lookin at the positive side!!
:thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 30 Aug 2018, 4:15 pm

Bugger!!.....mines not long been re-barreled, took them a couple of months to sort that out, and that was when they didn’t have 1000 other rifles to fix....looks like I’ll be without my favourite rifle for another few months.... :cry:

Wonder if we should all send our 308’s in as well to get in early before that recall.... :huh: :huh:
Pythonkeeper
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 30 Aug 2018, 4:38 pm

Pythonkeeper wrote:Bugger!!.....mines not long been re-barreled, took them a couple of months to sort that out, and that was when they didn’t have 1000 other rifles to fix....looks like I’ll be without my favourite rifle for another few months.... :cry:

Wonder if we should all send our 308’s in as well to get in early before that recall.... :huh: :huh:

I'm thankful that I kept the box my 22Magnum came in, that'll be on the list eventually I suspect :(
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 30 Aug 2018, 4:42 pm

brett1868 wrote:I'm thankful that I kept the box my 22Magnum came in, that'll be on the list eventually I suspect :(

Bugger me, they're going to start recalling the boxes next!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pythonkeeper » 30 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

Speaking of boxes...when I purchased my 308 Lithgow, the serial number on the box wasn’t the serial number on the rifle so there was a bit of a mixup that had to be fixed between a couple of stores that had the wrong numbers logged in due to the wrong rifles being put in the wrong boxes ( by Lithgow not the stores), thankfully they got the number right on my PTA so I didn’t have to put up with any hassles.
Pythonkeeper
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 30 Aug 2018, 6:12 pm

might wait awhile before i buy my 243 :problem: still going to get a Lithgow but not this year :( what am i going to get for xmass now??? :violin:
tom604
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 30 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm

I cancelled my Lithgow order today. Had my heart set on one but bloody hell what a mess. Maybe when they sort themselves out I will revisit it.
Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Stix » 30 Aug 2018, 6:24 pm

bladeracer wrote:
brett1868 wrote:I'm thankful that I kept the box my 22Magnum came in, that'll be on the list eventually I suspect :(

Bugger me, they're going to start recalling the boxes next!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by albat » 30 Aug 2018, 9:39 pm

sounds like their quality control department as been relocated to india , get some shares in beretta before the 308 letsgow
albat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 31 Aug 2018, 6:05 am

Why can't they just run a drill through the 223 to get 243 cal. Cheaper than getting new barrel blanks. I'll give them my two drills for free
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 31 Aug 2018, 12:20 pm

brett1868 wrote:

Are they not made here? I found this from 2013, but don't know how accurate it is: http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/news/ ... ting-rifle

“Each military grade steel barrel will be cold forged, manufactured on the same machine at Lithgow that makes barrels for the ADF’s Austeyr rifles and ensures their outstanding accuracy – the only such machine in the southern hemisphere,” the company says.
Flyer
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by albat » 31 Aug 2018, 1:03 pm

yeah lets hope this issue does'nt affect the military rifles , where your life really depends on your rifle!
albat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 31 Aug 2018, 2:15 pm

I was going to spend the extra coin and go the Lithgow when I bought my 243...….think I might have been lucky I went the cheap option of the Howa package deal now, not great advertisement for Lithgow
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DeadPool » 03 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm

I'm feeling kind of lucky the registry is taking so long with my PTA, otherwise i would have pulled the trigger one one of these and be sending it back already. I'm looking at the Tikka T3x now.
I really want to support LA but geez....they need to get their proverbial together with these barrels.
DeadPool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles