200mter fun.

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

200mter fun.

Post by Daddybang » 19 Oct 2018, 7:51 am

So I've been trying to stretch out a little bit and with a little creative application of a saw I was able to open up 200mtr of safe range off my porch! :thumbsup: :drinks:

20181018_075706.jpg
Highly advanced bench and rest!!
20181018_075706.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 7259 times

20181017_121115.jpg
200mtr target
20181017_121115.jpg (701.88 KiB) Viewed 7259 times

20181017_120921.jpg
6x view
20181017_120921.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 7259 times

20181017_121619.jpg
Some results with .222
20181017_121619.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 7259 times

:drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: 200mter fun.

Post by in2anity » 19 Oct 2018, 8:05 am

Nothing more satisfying than a bit of lateral thinkin DB - what gun yu shootin?
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 19 Oct 2018, 8:10 am

Gday in2
That was with the cz 527 (95 build) .222.
Its the first time I've really shot above 130mtrs so I'm fairly happy with the results and confident that I'll improve with more practice!! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Oct 2018, 8:17 am

That looks alright DB yes and practice does make perfect i'm finding that with the new 7mag :thumbsup:
By the way whats the ear muffs for do you use them now after telling ya mrs you're going to trade her in ;) :) :D :lol: :lol: :silent:
How are you finding the .222 mate I had one once deadly accurate and a very under rated caliber for its size :thumbsup:
Wish i'd never sold it
Member-Deleted

Post by in2anity » 19 Oct 2018, 9:15 am

Daddybang wrote:Gday in2
That was with the cz 527 (95 build) .222.
Its the first time I've really shot above 130mtrs so I'm fairly happy with the results and confident that I'll improve with more practice!! :drinks:

I adore those 527s; that mini-mauser style action is a work of art. I store my mates 527 204 for him, and must admit I do give it a little run every now and then ;) I've been seriously eyeing off the 527 carbine in 223 - I just wish the bolt throw wasn't so high!
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 19 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

That looks alright DB yes and practice does make perfect i'm finding that with the new 7mag :thumbsup:
By the way whats the ear muffs for do you use them now after telling ya mrs you're going to trade her in ;) :) :D :lol: :lol: :silent:
How are you finding the .222 mate I had one once deadly accurate and a very under rated caliber for its size :thumbsup:
Wish i'd never sold it

:lol: yeah know what ya mean. .222 was the first cf I ever shot and its still clise to my favorite maybe a toss up between it and .243 :drinks:

in2anity wrote:I adore those 527s; that mini-mauser style action is a work of art. I store my mates 527 204 for him, and must admit I do give it a little run every now and then ;) I've been seriously eyeing off the 527 carbine in 223 - I just wish the bolt throw wasn't so high!

Yeah in2 when you scope the 527 the bolt is a pain...wouldn't like to have it in a larger cal with a scope simply because I cant get right in behind it and still have a full scope but with no recoil on the. 222 its no worries. The cz 527 is just a pleasure to shoot every time.
Here's a pic! :thumbsup: :drinks:

20181019_095048.jpg
20181019_095048.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 7218 times
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Oct 2018, 11:01 am

Nice one DB, it's always great to give the 222 a good run at longer ranges - last time I was at a range (about 10yrs ago) I decided to test the 222 Howa CMC Mountaineer out at the 200m range and see what it would do group wise (I'd shot quite a few things out around the 299m range or slightly further but never shot any groups to see how consistent it was on paper. I was and I wasn't all that surprised really as it was bowling em over with very good consistency so I figured it shot well but the group confirmed it for me I guess.

Keep up the great work mate.

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 19 Oct 2018, 11:31 am

Nice one Scott :thumbsup:

I was hoping to kill some paper today but the bloody wind's playing sillybuggers, gusting and swirling. Maybe tomorrow. :roll:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 19 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

Thanks BFS!! :drinks:
Like you I don't shoot at ranges so its very rare that the scrub let's me stretch out but lately seeing the results some of the fellas are capable of its got me a bit itchy and as ya said the triple 2 is just a laserbeam at tjose ranges. If I can get a bit done with my filly this arvo I'll hopefully be able to breakout the mod 70 .243 tomorrow and see how she goes! :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:

Ps that howa is a nice looking rifle. .I like the fiddle back! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Oct 2018, 11:55 am

Be careful DB longer shooting is a disease like addiction you can't stop when you start :crazy:
Trust me mate I've just caught it with the 7mag once I stepped over the 400m mark something happened :unknown: :unknown:
I couldn't stop bettering myself for distance but what has me thinking is where does it stop at what range :unknown: :unknown: :lol: :lol:
But Until then just have fun as there's plenty of it when it comes to shooting sports :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by in2anity » 19 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

bigfellascott wrote:I was and I wasn't all that surprised really as it was bowling em over with very good consistency so I figured it shot well but the group confirmed it for me I guess.

FMD BF :o u should take up target shooting!
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Oct 2018, 1:30 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Nice one Scott :thumbsup:

I was hoping to kill some paper today but the bloody wind's playing sillybuggers, gusting and swirling. Maybe tomorrow. :roll:

That's no good Mick, it's still as anything here but bloody hot out in the sun. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Oct 2018, 1:32 pm

Daddybang wrote:Thanks BFS!! :drinks:
Like you I don't shoot at ranges so its very rare that the scrub let's me stretch out but lately seeing the results some of the fellas are capable of its got me a bit itchy and as ya said the triple 2 is just a laserbeam at tjose ranges. If I can get a bit done with my filly this arvo I'll hopefully be able to breakout the mod 70 .243 tomorrow and see how she goes! :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:

Ps that howa is a nice looking rifle. .I like the fiddle back! :thumbsup: :drinks:

Yeah the 222 is a capable cal in the right hands, no doubt about that, as millions of roos can attest too :D

That CZ of yours is a cracker, very pretty in deed. :thumbsup: :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Oct 2018, 1:38 pm

in2anity wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I was and I wasn't all that surprised really as it was bowling em over with very good consistency so I figured it shot well but the group confirmed it for me I guess.

FMD BF :o u should take up target shooting!

Nah not my cuppa tea mate, too many anal retentives for my liking, I prefer shooting one hole groups on fur myself and on top of that the cost to be competitive is over the top and a waste of money for mine, I've got better things to spend the limited money I have on, to be honest and I honestly find shooting groups bloooody boring, I'm much happier out in the bush shooting stuff than having to put up with some halfwit knowitall that really knows SFA as a rule but happy to tell you how great they are and how useless you are :D :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2018, 8:19 pm

what's ya secret load formula for 222 scott ? :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Oct 2018, 9:00 pm

bigrich wrote:what's ya secret load formula for 222 scott ? :unknown:

20.5gn of 2206H behind pretty much any 50gn pill seems to shoot well in the Howso, I've also run 2207, 4198 etc with same/similar results as the 2206H. I like 2206H as I can use it in the 22/250 and will run it in the 308 when I get around to reloading for it :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2018, 9:45 pm

bigfellascott wrote:

20.5gn of 2206H behind pretty much any 50gn pill seems to shoot well in the Howso, I've also run 2207, 4198 etc with same/similar results as the 2206H. I like 2206H as I can use it in the 22/250 and will run it in the 308 when I get around to reloading for it :thumbsup:

thanks for the tip scott. according to my adi load book, that's a mild load . looks bloody accurate but .might have to give that powder and load a try :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Oct 2018, 6:43 am

bigrich wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

thanks for the tip scott. according to my adi load book, that's a mild load . looks bloody accurate but .might have to give that powder and load a try :thumbsup:

Your welcome BR :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 20 Oct 2018, 7:24 am

Be careful DB longer shooting is a disease like addiction you can't stop when you start :crazy:
Trust me mate I've just caught it with the 7mag once I stepped over the 400m mark something happened :unknown: :unknown:
I couldn't stop bettering myself for distance but what has me thinking is where does it stop at what range :unknown: :unknown: :lol: :lol:
But Until then just have fun as there's plenty of it when it comes to shooting sports :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:

I think ive got . The . addiction already as I woke up at three this morning and drew up a plan to push the loader through the block and open uo 400 meters of clear safe line of sight. ... :shock: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 21 Oct 2018, 1:42 pm

you will never look back Daddybang
200 is a really good range for practice :drinks: , you will see mistakes that are you at that range you wont see as well at 100
if you go out to 400 even better, and after a short time what you believe is difficult wont be
it is addictive but a hell of a lot of fun, I shoot out to 800 on a regular basis just for giggles
but I wont shoot animals at that distance because I need to use a chest shot and loose to much meat
better to get closer to animals and shoot them in the head for the freezer :thumbsup:
good onya for having a crack :drinks: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 23 Oct 2018, 7:18 am

marksman wrote:you will never look back Daddybang
200 is a really good range for practice :drinks: , you will see mistakes that are you at that range you wont see as well at 100
if you go out to 400 even better, and after a short time what you believe is difficult wont be
it is addictive but a hell of a lot of fun, I shoot out to 800 on a regular basis just for giggles
but I wont shoot animals at that distance because I need to use a chest shot and loose to much meat
better to get closer to animals and shoot them in the head for the freezer :thumbsup:
good onya for having a crack :drinks: :drinks:

Thanks Marksman! :thumbsup: :drinks:
I didn't get a chance to pull a trigger on the weekend but I knocked up a bit of a target out of 10mm plate so I'll have a go at that this arvo and see how I go. :drinks:

20181023_070923.jpg
20181023_070923.jpg (944.42 KiB) Viewed 6803 times
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by in2anity » 23 Oct 2018, 1:14 pm

you need some hardened steel - I picked up a 10" AR500 plate for only $69 the other day - past 150m, the 223 just pings off it leaving a nice mark on fresh spray-paint!
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 23 Oct 2018, 2:44 pm

in2anity wrote:you need some hardened steel - I picked up a 10" AR500 plate for only $69 the other day - past 150m, the 223 just pings off it leaving a nice mark on fresh spray-paint!

Only had the plate of mild handy but am grabbing some harder plate off the dad in law this weekend if I can get to Herberton. This stuff looks pretty when ya get a strike and it shows up good in the 6x scope. :lol: :drinks:

20181023_140624.jpg
20181023_140624.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 6784 times
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 23 Oct 2018, 2:46 pm

apologies for the side on view its got me f@#ked why its doin it again :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 23 Oct 2018, 3:30 pm

bloody marvelous DB,ya so lucky to be able to set up at home. my bloody phone does the same thing with photos as well. a lot of the time my pics wont load on to this forum either. bloody technology :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Oct 2018, 3:47 pm

Geez that shotgun hits hard DB good spread though :sarcasm: ;) :) :D :lol: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 23 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

Might be a silly question DB, but how was your phone oriented when you took it?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 23 Oct 2018, 4:36 pm

bigrich wrote:bloody marvelous DB,ya so lucky to be able to set up at home. my bloody phone does the same thing with photos as well. a lot of the time my pics wont load on to this forum either. bloody technology :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

I hear ya richo I consider myself extremely lucky to have the land especially when I see some of the hassles some fellow shooters have getting somewhere to shoot and some of the rules at ranges etc. And technology blows !!!! :lol: :drinks:

Geez that shotgun hits hard DB good spread though :sarcasm: ;) :) :D :lol: :drinks:

Just tryin to give the target the "Tick" of approval :thumbsup: :lol: :drinks:

Gaznazdiak wrote:Might be a silly question DB, but how was your phone oriented when you took it?

Heya Gaz
Mate I always keep the phone straight up and down when I take a photo. ..Some come out right and others have obviously been hittin the piss!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 23 Oct 2018, 4:56 pm

I've had one or two, that for some reason, no matter how I process them before posting do the same.
:unknown:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 23 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

this is what 800 looks like Daddybang, the rock pile at the bottom of the yellow arrow
have you got enough room in the backyard? but ya might have to upgrade the 6 power I recon :lol:
its a hell of a lot of fun, I cant explain what its like to see others hitting the gong for the first time at that distance
especially young kids :drinks:
you do realise there is no going back now dont you :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges