Original MP44

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Original MP44

Post by bladeracer » 11 Nov 2018, 2:13 pm

Does $12K sound like a great price for an original MP44?
Obviously only available to collectors, or maybe a CatD shooter :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Original MP44

Post by cracker » 11 Nov 2018, 2:29 pm

it would be a cat e firearm and more then likely would have to be permanently deactivated
....sub guns do exist legally how ever most iv seen are deactivated, operational ones im not so sure.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 11 Nov 2018, 2:41 pm

cracker wrote:it would be a cat e firearm and more then likely would have to be permanently deactivated
....sub guns do exist legally how ever most iv seen are deactivated, operational ones im not so sure.

Bugger, wouldn't be worth having at all if it's deactivated.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 11 Nov 2018, 4:56 pm

G'day bladeracer,
As cracker said, it is Cat E due to selective fire and only available in working order on Cat 1 Dealers. Other than that $12K is probably not unreasonable considering Thompsons are selling for around $10K and they are far more common. To have one on the Collectors requires full welding, action, trigger group, barrel so not worth having for that money so might as well buy a Denix, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 11 Nov 2018, 8:42 pm

Well - here's a video on Forgotten Weapons in the States re MP43/MP44/StG44

The video was shot at an auction last year with the prices the beauties went for. Admittedly, in the US if you can own them you can probably shoot them, so price may vary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkpFajH66A
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by cracker » 11 Nov 2018, 9:27 pm

BRNO_Bigot wrote:Well - here's a video on Forgotten Weapons in the States re MP43/MP44/StG44

The video was shot at an auction last year with the prices the beauties went for. Admittedly, in the US if you can own them you can probably shoot them, so price may vary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkpFajH66A

yeah honestly on the american market as a transferable machine gun it would have to have 20k in it.
im not sure where ud even find one in au for sale....
seen thompson smg sell very fast here for 20k... once again only dealers can really own them.
as far as usage goes...
have to imagine local blokes manufacturing cat d stuff have to be able to do R&D legally somewhere, id imagine the same applies.
and honestly if i was a cat d shooter and i was going to drop 5k on an FN fal id want to know it runs correctly.
imo if your after an smg... get a replica..which still needs to be registered in vic i believe... and on a collectors license ? i dunno
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Nov 2018, 5:27 am

cracker wrote:yeah honestly on the american market as a transferable machine gun it would have to have 20k in it.
im not sure where ud even find one in au for sale....
seen thompson smg sell very fast here for 20k... once again only dealers can really own them.
as far as usage goes...
have to imagine local blokes manufacturing cat d stuff have to be able to do R&D legally somewhere, id imagine the same applies.
and honestly if i was a cat d shooter and i was going to drop 5k on an FN fal id want to know it runs correctly.
imo if your after an smg... get a replica..which still needs to be registered in vic i believe... and on a collectors license ? i dunno

I kinda thought this would be the case, but having seen US prices it seems like a bargain to me.
In Victoria, non-firing replcas do indeed need the same licence and security as the real thing, and you still need genuine reason, so basically only for collections or theatrical armourers I believe.
I messaged one of the replica importers about the potential for using a Denix pistol for practicing drills at home, and whether they can supply extra mags, but they didn't bother to respond.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 14 Nov 2018, 1:24 am

Value on these in the USA is running between $20K to $30K at auctions or from the main machine gun dealers. Private transactions via an FFL might go lower.

There is a company in the USA that reverse engineered these and is making modern copies. A company in Germany makes replicas as well in semi auto.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Centerfire rifles